Data shows Apple iPhone taking share from Android in the office
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2013, 16:18 posted on
According to Egnyte, a company that offers a mix of cloud based services and file storage systems for the enterprise, the Apple iPhone is picking up market share from the corner office to the cubicle and it is Android that is taking the hit at the expense of the surge in iOS in the enterprise; this comes despite Samsung's latest SAFE initiative...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
US ONLY. obviously. everyone here(wallstreet folks) have an iphone or ipad. but most students here have android. well at least at my college.
7. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes, they still think they have a precious product while they have just an iConboard you can not do much work...even email attachment you can not process or copy a file :)
simply a stupid guy would buy such an inferior and overpriced product.....it shows wrong and ill marketing by Google
8. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
android has been.rushing half baked tablets saturating the market for years now...
10. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I will tell you a secret:
facts: first iPads bought just iPhones owners (90 %), so they buy every sh*t ;)
so people started to think by mistake they needed tablets
so thanks to Apple's inferior tablet we have superiority with Android widely spread, see:
do yo get it? :)
11. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
it seems that you know what people want and what they need to think.. here is my secret..
dont assume because.. well I become 'ume' and you the rest
13. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
its not an assumption, its a fact that first iPad bought 90 % of iToy's owners :)
2. jroc74 (Posts: 3446; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I think the bigger story is....I didn't even know Android had a significant presence in the office.
3. 3SM.. (banned) (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Mar 2013)
Do these statistics of mobile usage on a certain OS really matter?
4. fanboy1974 (Posts: 814; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
As a Android fanboi having Apple in the corporate environment makes tons of sense because Apple stays stagnant which is a blessing and a curse. Businesses don't have to worry about upgrading phones and tablets each year and specific business apps don't have to get updated as much. That same app will work on all models.
Android gear changes to fast for the corporate environment and there's too many models in the field. As a consumer I love this model because one device does not fit everyone; business situations yes.
5. iWorld (Posts: 84; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
People think "Apple is a status symbol" Correct me if i am wrong, Maybe that's the reason most of the staff in the office buys iPhone.
6. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes....simply they are stupid and don't see they have just an iConboard you really could not work with: lack of free copy, lack of USB connect, lack of default app selection.....really, just a board with icons
these innovations are real:
12. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
let it go.. there are millions of people that don't need USB port etc... example because is friday for me... cars come with loaded options and some come with basics... not everyone buys the loaded with options car... good job promoting Android.. but you don't convince anyone
14. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
but it's important to show rotten part of the world :-)
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2697; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
AS long as share prices fall Apple can take 100% of share from Android who cares :)