Dark gray/black iPhone 6 leaks in dozens of new high-res snaps
0. phoneArena 17 Jun 2014, 05:39 posted on
Readying a super high-profile device has its downsides, and Apple is on the receiving end of those. The upcoming iPhone 6 has been leaking all over the place as of late, and this trend is sure to intensify in the coming months, as we draw ever closer to September, when the Cupertino-based company is rumored to release the its next flagship...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. phantom_six_man (Posts: 82; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
looks cool to me than the silver one,this one is neat and clean front and back
46. Finalflash (Posts: 2452; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
It definitely is better than the white/silver but I can't help but feel they're trying to skimp on build materials. I know margins are taking a hit but removing the jewelry affect might not be such a good idea.
48. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Apple's quest for margin is going to cheapen the jewelry affect - just like how it happened with the 5C(heap), which turned out to be a sales fail.
66. E.N. (Posts: 2578; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Cheapen build materials how? This is just a dummy. With the exception of the two glass pieces at the back of the 5/5S, it looks like the build materials of the iPhone 6 will be pretty much the same. The back looks like it's still gonna be aluminium and the front will be glass. The design is looking like it might be a step down, the build materials not so much.
70. nctx77 (Posts: 1332; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Design a step down huh? I remember like yesterday when the iPhone 5 was leaking before launch. Everybody said it looked horrible with the two tone colors on the back. They also said it was the same old design as the iPhone 4/4s. Wait until you have a finished and polished model in your hands before you make that decision.
74. E.N. (Posts: 2578; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
I liked the original iPhone 4 and the black/slate iPhone 5 from the very beginning, so you're preaching to the choir. But in their defense, the original dummies were extremely ugly. HUGE bezels on the top, bottom, AND sides, gold fingerprint sensor on all models, etc. If the bezels were as big as the original pictures, I wouldn't waste my time waiting to hold a polished model.
I still think this is a significant step-down because of all the antenna lines. Unless they decrease the size or make them less apparent, holding a finished iPhone 6 isn't going to make me enjoy the antenna lines any more or less. Based on the latest dummies, overall I think it's an ok to good-looking device, and I'm still looking forward to its release.
47. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Case manufacturers will sell a bunch of cases for the latest iToy.
2. Wolf_Blitza (Posts: 45; Member since: 30 May 2014)
it looks better in black as the top and bottom bezels blend in with the screen.
3. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I like it in all black, looks great!
4. lalalaman (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Not bad....can't understand why those lines are there
50. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Which is why the case manufacturers will be selling a lot of cases. Have to compensate for a reduced jewelry affect somehow.
5. lalalaman (Posts: 558; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Nothing can compare iPhone 5 design.....not even apple:D
12. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
I strongly disagree with that. I thought the iPhone 5 design was terrible. Sharp, uncomfortable corners made out of a coated aluminum that chipped like crazy with huge bezels and an awful two-toned backed.
That said, I think this design seen here is a huge improvement. Only negatives I have from the pictures are it looks way too thin and the bezels are still pretty large for 2014 (or 2013 even). It will likely be uncomfortable to hold being that thin. But, still seems much better than the iPhone 5.
14. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
4/4s design was miles better.. similar yes but alot better and sturdier.
39. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I know I'm in the minority but I prefer the iPhone 5c design, especially in white. It's also the most comfortable iPhone to hold and the plastic stands the test of time and keys in the pocket. I only wish they had a 64gb version.
43. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Its a sleeker looking device and yes curved back is a big + compared to the bulky edgy one.
6. PorkyBurger (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Looks nice, now this is what I like. Unlike white/silver version. God that one was awful imo.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 17571; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Gotta admit, that Darkkgray looks pretty sweet. Still not a fan of the bold antenna striping though. I don't know if it's real or not, but we'll know in 3 short ones b
13. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Better than the current iPhone 5 horrid two-toned back. Remember when that leaked and everyone shouted it had to be fake because of how horrid that two-toned back looked?
22. quakan (Posts: 1319; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
I honestly think the iPhone 5/5S is the best looking iPhone to date especially in space gray. These iPhone 6 leaks look horrible to me with the iPod touch body and thick antenna lines on the back. I'm just hoping these are all fakes and hoping Apple gives us another great looking phone.
49. Finalflash (Posts: 2452; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
The black iPhones were the only good looking ones (other than the white 4/s) The rest were just ugly half whites including the white/silver 5/s and the Gold 5s. This iPhone 6 fixes the dual tone problem but now it is just an uglier design altogether. They'll make a huge deal about how it feels good in the hand and what not, but at that thickness, I really can't imagine it feels good to hold either. I think they totally dropped the ball with this one. If they continued the 5/5s look with a uniform color and maybe a continuous metal feel it would have looked great.
23. darkkjedii (Posts: 17571; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yep, and it turned out to be real. The back kinda grew on me with the white models though. +1
53. bvalde09 (Posts: 177; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Hey Dark. I have a question for you as a iphone user do you believe Ip6 its worthy? I stop using the iphone on the Iphone 4s. I currently have a note 3, and I change due to battery life. You are very savvy. If you were in my position will you go back to iphone?
54. darkkjedii (Posts: 17571; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I'll be totally honest, I own the 5s, and note 3. Both are amazing, and I wouldn't change one for the other, cuz they both excel in what they do. I'd try the new iPhone, I'm not sure where you live, so look at you carriers buyers remorse period first. Try it and see, honestly you can't go wrong either way. Notes battery life is a lot better though. From all accounts the 6, running iOS 8, will be a major contender. Good luck bro.
9. MINDoSOUL (Posts: 103; Member since: 28 Feb 2014)
Still ugly with that home button, HTC stands out all the way through with its better design.
10. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
i would like some accent on it.. its looks horrible the way its just black.
11. Alain1990 (Posts: 14; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
i remember the day when the word 'iphonekiller' was used for flagship phones.. that word don't exist anymore..
15. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Its an overused word, Also used by the minority to make them feel better.
I have nothing against apple but truth be told they are Slacking behind and are soon the be the minority. Look back 3-4 years and Iphone was the king of phones i won't deny it, but if you look at it today they are behind in almost every aspect.
33. gamblor77 (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Very true. Although I do have to give Tim Cook credit for attempting to adapt to the changing market needs. The fact that they increased the screen size and allow for 3rd party keyboards and some of the other features in iOS 8 (stolen from Android) shows they're actually trying to give customers what they want. I personally won't be buying an iPhone because I hate iTunes and Apple's greedy business model... but I could see how others could like the convenience of iTunes if they're willing to pay for music/movies and don't know much about computers.
44. Astoni (Posts: 630; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
never said it was a bad thing that they actually adapt xD.
I would prefer a phone with everything cool and all copied features than a phone with 1 original feature and nothingelse..
As long as the customer is happy and gets the best!!
51. ojdidit84 (Posts: 450; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
I remember my first and only phone labeled as an "iPhone killer." The Samsung Instinct! OMG that phone was horrible. Lasted about 3 months and then I bought a Palm Pre.
18. Shahriyar (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 May 2014)
Ohhh how much beautiful it is beside m8 & 5s!!!
21. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
How much? Maybe 4 or 5 dollars? Lmao...just kidding
19. Zapp_B (Posts: 23; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
Looks good but I think it's a dummy. The front looks plastic and the reflections are deformed.
34. NexusPhan (Posts: 600; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Or is it Sapphire? I really hope it's Sapphire. It's an idiotic material to make phones displays of out. Let Apple do it first and find out how bad it is so Android manufacturers won't have to.
24. amats69 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Now this time apple can have my money on iphone!...if they release a black iphone with red accent on the side of the phone that would be great!
25. maxkobi (Posts: 30; Member since: 17 Jun 2011)
hopefully the gloss/jelly look of the front is just a dummy model thing. kinda looks like those old school 3d stickers that were a weird puff material. I have to say it looks like it can better take a fall but i feel like the professional look of the iPhone kinda went away in this version. just my 2 cents!
71. nctx77 (Posts: 1332; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
That glossy horrible look is why I keep telling people that this is a dummy unit. It's just not refined the way a finished model would be. Also, I don't like how the glass is raised. Lastly, the painted plastic body doesn't give off that premium look.
27. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That looks sharp, I like its design overall.
28. willywanta (Posts: 140; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
why is it so glossy at the front? It's quite "low profile".
29. boosook (Posts: 1365; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Well, it lost much of its distinctive character. It's not ugly, of course. Just it lacks the "WOW" factor IMO. Plus, the back reminds the HTC One too much, and the front, if it wasn't for the home button, could well be an Xperia V.
30. flipjzn (Posts: 241; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I'm not liking the new design. I like the size- same reason as I have kept my 5s. Being able to use the phone with one hand. iOS is boring but jailbreak makes it almost perfect for me.
Just saying..... ;)
31. HTCOE (Posts: 630; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
the phone looks good enough for me to own and it does resemble htc one design and next to the M8 if the bottom bezel was removed the M8 would be the most beautiful phone ever. i plan on owning the iPhone 6 black version....and i wonder if the way the design is implemented that it's waterproof
32. hortizano (Posts: 242; Member since: 22 May 2013)
Well, it is gonna end up looking like your regular and average android...
36. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Excuse me, but whats "regular and average android"? Because AFAIK iPhones look same, while there are many recent droid phones which look futuristic and non-generic. So your statement is invalid.
61. GoBears (Posts: 443; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Looks like the 2010 Galaxy S to me. How ironic lol.
35. NICEBOY_1373 (Posts: 12; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Hi. I'm an apple fan. Just look at these pictures... they only dummies... . Apple gave the companies iPhone 6 dimensions so they can make ready their cases and other stuffs and they make dummies and share them on internet... so... it's definitely the body size of the phone but... the colors and screen and bezels aren't the actual look of it. Please be patient... . the last word is: I am very proud of my favorite company's secrecy strategics. (Sorry about my English, I'm a Persian from Iran.)
37. sasch (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
this is why i would go back to Apple , they are changing the design for the better, the square look was fun for the time but its about time for a new softer look. love the round esges of the screen reminds me of the Moto X very good looking, i was hoping the G s5 Had round edges but was compleately disappointed by the Plastic Lip of the Bezel.this look sleeker and i like it.
62. tedkord (Posts: 8320; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The rounded screens look like the Galaxy S3.
38. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3686; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Looks much better in black, though its gonna suffer in outdoor visibility if the real model turns this reflective.
40. jibraihimi (Posts: 739; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
This iphone iteration should be called iphone leak.....
41. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 588; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
I hope the phone has a colorful plastic 6c variant, but that is probably unlikely.
42. irfanil (Posts: 31; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Glad to see that iPhone 6 has 3.5mm port for headphones :)