Dancing candy post hints at an Android 4.4 KitKat release date Friday, October 18th
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2013, 03:47 posted on
The Google+ account for Android KitKat posted the dancing robot confectionery you see in the thumbnail, with the tag "Everybody dance now! #AndroidKITKAT," unleashing a flurry of comments. Some of them rightfully noted that "Everybody Dance Now" by C&C Music Factory was released on October 18th 1990, and is precisely 4 minutes and 4 seconds long, hinting that we might see an announcement this Friday, October 18th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Snoobab (Posts: 127; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
^^ Why is Android suddenly in bed with Nestlé/KitKat? I don't see the relevance -_-
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4487; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Google profits from advertising and maybe in such way Google advertise Nestlé/KitKat ?
26. Snoobab (Posts: 127; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Fair enough. But Nestlé are rotten to the back teeth. Not a company I'd expect Google to associate themselves with...
12. andynaija (Posts: 188; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I seriously thought there was a fly on the monitor when I looked at you're picture...
15. zuckerboy (Posts: 443; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
we r in autumn and weather is very cold. first time I saw that fly said myself : wtf :D
19. protozeloz (Posts: 5189; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Google's popularity helps Nestlé, Nestlé's popularity help Google... I already ate quite a few kit Kat :x
23. Taters (Posts: 1768; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Because it is cool in a geeky sort of way.
24. Taters (Posts: 1768; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
It's better than key lime pie. That is all that you need to know. I don't think I have ever even tried key lime pie before.
Desserts have nothing to do with operating systems, it is just a fun and quirky way following that naming convention. Might as well make some money off of it and at the same time coming up with a better dessert than key lime pie. It's a win win.
2. aayupanday (Posts: 191; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Finally some solid news regarding the Nexus 5 unveiling coming straight from Google....
14. Reality_Check (Posts: 141; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Epic level decoding :P (October 18th 1990, DAMN !)
20. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
No doubt. To find a 4 minute 4 second song released on the same day, now that's search power for ya'.
4. Darth_Muffin (Posts: 17; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
I'll start dancing and singing when Google officially announces the nexus 5. The wait has been exhaustive already.
of course to the beat of "Feel this moment by Pitbull"
6. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 465; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
Its gonna be great android day! Can't wait.
8. ScottSchneider (Posts: 150; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Google... Stop Teasing... Bring out the event already..!!! I have to go to the bathroom... /o_0\
10. scriptwriter (Posts: 388; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
OMGOMGOMG!!!! ~Mashes head against keyboard with excitement~
13. Xianead (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
If it is going to be released on Oct. 18, then this would probably the second best birthday gift ever. xD
16. devoncatt (Posts: 10; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Do you get the feeling this is like reading tea leaves? Or trying to anticipate which way a politician leans? Google will invite all the significant news providers to an event to get the maximum publicity possible. And yes they will try to steal some of Apple's thunder, but that could just be by announcing a press conference for a few days before or after the Ipad release to drum up excitement.
I really would like to have this phone to replace my currently dodgy phone and review it as a superior device. best quality , great features and price, but can't until it actually appears.The hype went out last summer for the Nexus 7 and the possible Nexus 5 or Android 4.4 . Google waited a week to announce the Nexus 7 to drum up excitement. Maybe they will do it again a week in the future?
I doubt the FCC shutdown caused a problem because hasn't the LG D821 has been submitted to the FCC. The FCC only controls US Phones not the rest of the world, so why would this stop Google?
18. orca99 (Posts: 66; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
There's a new sign (This Is It) at Kit Kat google+ that indicates the date as October 28 (the day Michael Jackson's This is It was released).
22. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5430; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
maybe i'll be running 4.4 on my 2nd Gen Nexus 7 before next month hits. ;D