Damian Dinning narrates the Nokia 808 PureView story - noisy optical zoom phone prototypes to blame
0. phoneArena 07 Mar 2012, 07:11 posted on
Nokia's camera guru Damian Dinning finally spilled the beans how the company got to the mammoth 41MP Nokia 808 PureView handset. We have been hearing for a while that Nokia has prototypes with giant image sensors in its labs, but now Mr Dinning himself confirms that the company has been toying around with the idea for the last 4-5 years...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
great technology! Can't wait for some comparision tests!
3. lubba (Posts: 1313; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
I enjoy the camera wars more than the "core" wars.
5. dey.santanu2012 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Core war is useless... I really enjoyed the Sony Ericsson - Nokia fight era where the great products were born...e.g. The Cybershot and Walkman series versus the N series .....
Something went horribly wrong in the last few years and now we are only shouting about RAM and Cores etc, design philosophy was lost.
I still enjoy watching the Motorola RAZR(original one), the Nokia N91/N93, SE K880 etc.....
I am really hoping that era returns....
4. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Pureview and Windows Phone 8 would be a great pair
6. flopjoke (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Jan 2012)
Articles like these make me wish I worked at Nokia.