PhoneArena's Review of the Motorola Droid
Hands-on with the HTC Droid Eris
source: Verizon Wireless and cNet
1. ChineseMuscle (Posts: 47; Member since: 15 Nov 2008)
Got my Droid for $99 at midnight online from VerizonWireless.com. Can't wait to have it delivered !
20. Fanboys Suck (Posts: 609; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
Can anyone on here give a quick honest review of the Droid? Something more than just about the keyboard and that the Droid is awesome. Thanks!
29. Trobes05 (Posts: 106; Member since: 01 Aug 2009)
How did you only get it for $99.99...maybe it was a typo but I can only get it for $199.99 and my upgrade was due in July.
30. brikz4real (Posts: 173; Member since: 24 Dec 2008)
It might be possible that he had the New Every Two $100 credit.
37. PapaJay224 (Posts: 866; Member since: 08 Feb 2009)
(unrelated to above comments) I hate reading all these post and im mad that people are STILL complaining even this time Verizon had plenty of inventory, they finally have a SOLID phone to compete with the iPhon, they finally have an open sourced based phone thats fully customizable...They've given you people everything you wanted and in 2 seperate phones at launch NOT 1 like the iPhone 2 (options people) so QUIT BITCHIN!
2. ChineseMuscle (Posts: 47; Member since: 15 Nov 2008)
I also understand that a lot of people had difficulty ordering their Droid online. I hope the problem gets rectified so everyone can get their Droid.
4. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
This phone is amazing I love everthing about it even "the flat keyboard"
6. DroidDaddy (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
Hey vzwman, hope no hard feelings from a reply to you a few days ago about the whole phonearena posting late news and stuff. Anyways, glad to see you're happy w/the DROID. Question, I'm sure you may have notice the Eris...is it nice at all?? I can't afford the Droid right now but I so badly want an Android I'm willing to get lesser hyped up phone at this time. Your thoughts...
8. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
The eris is nice too but you can clearly see wich is the better phone I was able to play with both man this droid is awsome if I were you I would wait till I can aford the droid I promis you won't regret it
5. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
I woke up at 6am to stand outside my local vzw store and it was worth it damn I love this phone
12. vzw fanman (Posts: 1976; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
well, i didn't go to the store but i got up and went online, and i got free overnight shipping, so i should have it by monday.
16. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
Cancel your online order and go pick it up man
7. dandirk (unregistered)
vzwman - Post a review thoughts on the forum!!! Looking to hear from a customer, rather the reviewer. How is the batt life, is the home screen delay that big of an issue? How is the built in contact/gmail/facebook integration... if known as good as SENSE?
11. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
I'm still charging it so I won't know about the battery life right now. about the homescreen issue I notice no lagg what so ever this phone is fast for everything you ask it to do. Oh and about the key board it is small but it works really well. I'm posting this reply on my droid. From a scale of 1-10 its a 15 in my book!!! Everyone should have a motodroid.
9. fsjon (Posts: 119; Member since: 03 Sep 2009)
I can't believe the young couple there brought their baby along for the MIDNIGHT release of this phone....those crazy yankees...
28. Dood (Posts: 269; Member since: 23 Mar 2009)
Did anyone else notice that no one in Manhattan smokes?
13. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Hmm...100 people out of 8 million? I still don't buy the pre-fabricated hype.
14. vzw fanman (Posts: 1976; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
um hello bro, that's one store out of like 30 in the greater nyc area.
21. videobandit (Posts: 26; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Well it said "well over" 100 people as midnight approached and says nothing of how many people came in and bought the devices over the 2 hour event.
15. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
I'm glad I didn't have to fight a mad crowd of ppl to get my droid. I have to say I'm liken this keyboard everyone was talkin crap about
17. TheEclectic (Posts: 77; Member since: 23 Sep 2009)
You've posted about liking the keyboard about 4 times already. Calm down.
22. darthray (Posts: 72; Member since: 04 Nov 2009)
i would of gotten the the droid cause the superb colors, camera,internet, video but the slide out qwerty keyboard is it's downfall. iam personally not a fan of the qwerty keyboard. iam glad everyone who's gotten the droid is happy cause it is awesome.
23. vzwman (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2009)
I wonder why I have some much negatives on my posts? maybe cuz I have a droid in my hands iduno
25. Sufcc (Posts: 33; Member since: 28 Jul 2008)
The width of the phone makes it a bit awkward for my medium sized hands to type fast. I am coming from a Curve since release so it will take a bit of adjusting. Virtual keyboard works great in both modes. Camera is great. Multitasking is fast. Only lag is when something installs which is obvious why there would be some. No lag when switching screens or apps. Browser is great.