DROID Ultra test photos unearthed by @evleaks, we're not overly impressed
0. phoneArena 10 Jul 2013, 09:22 posted on
And here we go again - just a few hours ago, infamous @evleaks has tweeted what are purportedly test photos snapped with the DROID Ultra's alleged 10-megapixel 'RBGC' sensor. In case you're wondering, that extra 'C' subpixel is supposed to help with white balance and exposure. Whether this is the same 'ClearPixel' shooter that is expected to come with the Moto X is anyone's guess, though...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Hey, whatever. All these leaks feed my belief that the phone is coming this month. I trust that they have more work to do with camera software, but then again... this is Motorola.
17. SupermanayrB (Posts: 342; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I'm doubting this month. Maybe August or September. I only remember Moto dropping phones in September, October, November & January.
20. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Lately it's been about every 10 months. That way people on 2 year contracts can upgrade to the latest and greatest if they like their current manufacturer.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10220; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The pictures are not bad at all... Whatever you're smoking PA, give me some too.
11. Chris.P (Posts: 458; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
The gallery doesn't really let you zoom in enough for you to notice, I guess. I suggest you take a look at the actual source at Picassa and make use of the zoom function. Moreover, notice any purplish hue?
13. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Those pics looks good for a phone camera , especially compared with my galaxy s2
14. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
And this is why the dammed widget needs to die (gallery)
23. quakan (Posts: 1319; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
If PA gets rid of the widget, Android fans will scream, "iPhonearena" all day long.
22. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3071; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
From the looks of the photos they appear to have been taken at either dusk or dawn. That could account for the purple hue. Not saying that absolutley, but it is a possibility.
18. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Thats what i used to think about my Droid DNA pictures....then i zoomed in lol Take Chris.P's suggestion and you'll see.
3. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
White balance? On these dark pics? Better get back to the lab
6. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Could also be an overcast day. I can't draw any conclusions from two gray outdoor shots.
12. Tomfromsouth (Posts: 73; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Fair enough chris. It hasn't got the white balance right at all. Unless they were taken at proper dusk. Judging by the skyline they were taken during just an overcast day. So yeah, they're pretty unexposed in my opinion. Colours bland and too dark.
4. ckoch125 (Posts: 192; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
When has a Moto camera done anything other than disappoint? It's always been their weak spot.
16. SupermanayrB (Posts: 342; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Hopefully that trend stops with this device. We don't know if that's what the scenery actually looked like since we weren't there. I'm not basing anything off of someone else's photos.
5. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
dafuq?since when people are expecting good camera from oems other than NOKIA
19. Pedro0x (Posts: 271; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Phonearena, please return the thumb down button, please? This troll just asks for it.
You know that SGS4 is the king for now in most detailed pictures and video in day light, nokia and htc are however better in night situations.
And these two pictures are not very good, from a high-end phone in 2013 I would expect more.
21. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
They could bring it back but only make it subtract from the thumbs up. That would balance things out without the big ugly red thumbs.
7. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 163; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
They're actually pretty good. Very sharp and detailed.
8. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I honestly don't see anything bad about these photos.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
15. SupermanayrB (Posts: 342; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I'm just waiting to see it in person & make the judgement for myself. I don't rely on phone reviews from here, engadget or bgr. It's all about how the phone works for the individual, not the crowd. Waiting for when it's available in stores.
24. BattleBrat (Posts: 1320; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My Razrs photos all are cyan biased, with camera fv5 I can use the x rite passport and run it through my workflow, lot of work for a so so camera, the Honami however...
25. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
For outdoor photo shooting other than after dark those are some look to be some of the hardest conditions to capture decent photos. I know my Droid Razor wouldn't capture those scenes as well.
26. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3654; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Second pic is looking quiet good but looks like li'l bit artificial.