DROID RAZR MAXX releasing on Jan 26
0. phoneArena 13 Jan 2012, 16:01 posted on
At CES, Verizon announced that the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX would be $299.99 with a 2-year contract, but neglected to give a release date. Now it has appeared on Motorola's site, which says the device will be available on January 26th.
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i heard it'll also come out in White. is that true?
17. mandkeee (Posts: 81; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
it will come with only black for motorola razr maxx...
white black and purple are come with only motorola razr...
and it will be $199.99 with 2 years contract...
and also it will be 16GB ....microsd pre-installed....
only razr maxx has 32gb
18. mandkeee (Posts: 81; Member since: 27 Feb 2009)
and also motorola bionic will be $149.99 with 2 years contract...
droid charge will be $149.99 with 2 years contract....
2. passion_plus (Posts: 4; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
As a consolation, for the early adopters of the Droid Razr I wish Moto/VZW offers them to get the battery and backpanel replaced for a few extra bucks. It's a win-win for everyone.
22. sgogeta4 (Posts: 393; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Too bad it's not removable, so no go there.
3. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yeah, white, black, purple...
As for the rumored bigger screen bigger camera, that could be the RAZR X
4. handicrapguy (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
Wow 3300mah and still a slim 9mm! Sadly too big for my tiny hands :(
5. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
kind of annoying.. i feel moderate buyers remorse at having a galaxy nexus. razr maxx is a better device. however, having that unlocked bootloader is a huge plus.
and I'm not saying the GN isnt great, only that among two great devices, I think I would choose the razr maxx.
7. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
trade it. the Galaxy Nexus will still carry the most weight in value on Verizon.
6. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
wow, already...no thanks - Happy with my RAZR - the MAXX should have came out in NOV......
8. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
It should not be called a razr cause it is so thick . What a marketing by Verizon , Droid Maxx maybe ?
9. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
if 3000+ battery in a 9mm thin profile is possible then all future phones should have that much battery from now on...ill be willing to pay extra if it meant i could get that much battery without sacrificing the look and bulk...that why i stay away from extended batterys as many just look out of place.
10. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
ikr like most batteries made by other companies with 3000+ mAh double or even triple the size of the phone
12. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol I know they look ugly as hell aswel...at least we know its possible to have large capacity battery in a slim form factor so if oems now say its not possible or they couldn't fit it in then they are lying lol especially if they have a phone that is over 10mm they should have no excuse about not having at least 2500
11. c.hack (Posts: 526; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
Still no ICS, and still a low rez pentile crappy display?? How about the Razr Suxx
13. mctcm (Posts: 204; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
in a blind test, i guarantee you couldnt tell the difference in normal usage
21. mobileuser (Posts: 66; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
ICS is coming in a few months to this phone. Pentile low rev.display is not a problem at all. At least the display is better than my Samsung SGSII. Only bias people will criticise the Razr display without having used it at all. This Razr maxx bring the smart phone battery to a new standard that no other smart phone in the smart phone industry can compete. Motorola has once again set new standard to the smart phone industry that other manufacturers have to catch up.
14. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3045; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Sorry to say it but no thanks. Here's why:
1: No 4.5 720p display. Like the one that was overseas, big disappointment.
2: I have a charger everywhere I go. Three at home in the major rooms I'm at. 1 at work where it can charge all day and 1 in my car.
3: I am impressed with the size of the battery but without real world and true testings, this might not be as impressive as they claim. We have all seen that before. Honestly, it's just not worth it. If you already have a RAZR and are ok with battery life, it's just not worth it.
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
1. Okay, that sucks but it's a trade off so oh well.
2. That works but so does having a phone you don't have to have plugged up all the time.
3. How can it not be impressive? It's a Razr with close to double the battery life. There's no factors here that make it suck battery any faster than a Razr or a Nexus.
15. cs1553 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Great, just what I want to hear: like the Droid 4 (which I've been waiting for since late November), they're not going to release the Maxx until AFTER the Jan 15 deadline for signing up for 4G "Double the Data"...
19. Hallucinator (Posts: 344; Member since: 24 May 2010)
Im sure there will be a white Droid 4 a month after the black one comes out, then a droid 4 deluxe and maybe a super droid 4 deluxe.