DROID 3 gets one-click root, could extend to all Gingerbread Motos
0. phoneArena 25 Aug 2011, 20:43 posted on
It took a bit over a month for the DROID 3 to be rooted, and once it finally happened, it took just a few hours to go from a command-line root method to an easy-as-pie one-click root. Now, we just need some custom ROMs to go along with it...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i jumped on this so fast i actually did the ADB method hours before the one-click showed up. it's easy too. if you're doing that tell me if you get stuck because there was a couple of things i had to figure out myself that wasn't in the original instructions. i know you lookin' Miz! check it! no bloat for this Verizon Android user. ;)
i don't even think the RAM is going to be an issue now after all i've gotten rid of.
now i'm ready to be fed with some overclocking kernels. c:
7. MIZYOUSUCK (unregistered)
RAM isn't a problem if you use the V6 Supercharger & Loopy Smoothness Tweak(works on all devices that have root access), look for it on XDA. This is coming from a Droid Charge owner who has 326mb of RAM(250 of which is always in use by the system)
11. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
i looked into that actually and now i'm using the V6 & 3G Supercharger kernels. i think it does improve performance a bit. explain Loopy Smoothness to me. can i do this running my Droid 3 stock?
2. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
woot! now these phones can become half way functional!
4. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
troll? jesus, kid. have you ever had an android device?
3. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
too bad the iphone isn't even half way functional =]
5. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
don't troll Rory! we're better than that! o:
6. MIZYOUSUCK (unregistered)
Agreed! Don't become the next Miz!
8. iballs (unregistered)
iphones make my balls sizzle for shizzle!! they also look good floating in the toilet. har har !!!
10. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Thumbs Down on everyone is like Miz's way of saying he's been here. xD