CyanogenMod team releases another CM9 progress report
0. phoneArena 07 Feb 2012, 20:14 posted on
CM9 is taking longer than past builds, largely due to the massive overhaul of the code base between Android 2.3 and 4.0, but work and UX refinement are continuing at a good pace...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. windowsRocks (Posts: 147; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
MIUI is the winner of android custom roms
5. the_s2 (Posts: 196; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I'm an android fanboy. A fanboy for a cause. The UI. The android UI. Be it TouchWiz, Sense, Xperia UI, or whatever it is, We are one.
MIUI takes you back to the iWorld.CM9. CM all the way.
4. the_s2 (Posts: 196; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
They had already released ICS port, a stable one, a long time ago.
6. vijaysivakula (Posts: 113; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
Far as i remember they only used the ICS framework and nothing else. That cannot be called an ICS ROM.
8. jove39 (Posts: 1132; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Exactly...they plugged-in some parts of ICS...I am looking for stock ICS build.
10. KEVlN (Posts: 83; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Actually yes. They mentioned an alpha release for MIUI 4 (aka ics) on their twitter page. Theyre holding a poll for which device should be third in line for the port. Its probably going to be the GSII next.
9. KEVlN (Posts: 83; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Isn't MIUI based on CM? Its an okay ROM but it drains battery too fast for my taste. And the themes are cool but I can't stand looking at Chinese writing. Miui looks better with a launcher like launcher pro or adw but that kind of defeats the purpose of using miui. A lot of people use miui to replicate the feeling of iOS but I bought an android phone to get a pure android experience or else I would have bought an iPhone.
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
no mention of tegra 2 or the g2x...
i dont want to wait for an official build for ics...
12. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Love to see cm9 running on the Nokia n9
13. SleepingOz (Posts: 2015; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
so you basically want Android on your Nokia?
14. dsmj24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 08 Feb 2012)
teamhacksung's CM9 on captivate works, thanks xda