CyanogenMod is now a real company, easy CM installer coming to the Play Store
0. phoneArena 18 Sep 2013, 21:40 posted on
CyanogenMod has long been the most popular custom ROM available for Android users, and now the team is going legit. CyanogenMod is now officially CyanogenMod Inc. and as an official startup it has been gathering funding. But, founder Steve Kondik still wants the company to be focused on users. With that in mind, the team is laying out some plans for the future...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Phones running CyanogenMod as their stock rom would be nice.
2. Legnaldo (Posts: 33; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I agree, with the funding it will be interesting to see how much further they can push the android custom OS.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Looking forward to the official app coming soon!
Side note: Flashed a CM ROM an hour and it's completely unstable and buggy. Definitely waiting until everything is fixed before flashing another ROM again.
4. Cyberchum (Posts: 273; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I've being using jellybean 4.3 nightlife and they've being pretty stable. Currently on 20130917.
5. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It depends on your phone. Some are more developed/stable than others.
8. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
what did you flash it on? the nexus 7 or the s3?
13. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S3. It almost soft bricked my phone as it kept looping the boot up screen...
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Fixed. Time to let Titanium Backup handle the rest. :)
LiquidSmooth v2.9 is by far the best ROM for my S3. Fluid, all day battery life and the animations are stunning.
15. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
There are also official and unofficial builds. You gotta look for that as well. Unofficial builds can go either way based on how far the dev community has gotten on them, normally it'll tell you in the first post tho.
6. datsyuk (Posts: 177; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Imagine how optimized a Cyanogenmod phone would be. Blazing fast.
9. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
this is really cool, maybe they could get some kind of licensing deal with Google... wet dreams
17. Shatter (Posts: 2031; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Wouldn't be surprised if OEMs start offering multiple romd on their device so if you bought a choice between stock, their android variant, cyanogen mod and any others they want to throw in there like AOKP or paranoid android.
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Awesome!! Looking forward to new innovative ideas from there!
I also think they should hire the LiquidSmooth team - these guys are incredible! :)
12. ddeath (Posts: 163; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
My old Galaxy S has been running Cynagenmod 4.3 and it is wonderful. Looking forward to the things they can bring us.