CyanogenMod founder prepping incognito mode for Android to sandbox personal data
0. phoneArena 12 Jun 2013, 09:05 posted on
The idea is to return an empty list when an app tries to peep into your contacts, messages, browser history, calendar and so on, unless you have specifically given it permission to do so...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood (Posts: 6263; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
This is why Android is so great - you have many minds working on it to improve and add to it.
2. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
there are sooo many steves in the smartphone industry...
3. networkdood (Posts: 6263; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
This is why Android will always be ahead of Apple.
5. grapeseed87 (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
That is an amazing feat! If it go through fully I might just switch sides or at least get a Android as my second phone :P
9. pixelado (Posts: 130; Member since: 16 Feb 2013)
I'd love to see this implemented on older CM versions. They will probably put it on CM10.1 or up.
11. MartianMe (unregistered)
This is awesome ...rooting my fone and installing CM right now.
12. geriakt (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
I will donate for that. It should also have gps tracking blocked. Perfect timing with the world knowing that the NSA is spying on all Americans and tapping your phone calls without a court order. When will all Americans stand against a corrupt government?
13. dorianb (Posts: 370; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I think that MIGHT not be advisable because of 9-1-1.
15. moroninc (Posts: 177; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
that's because "call 9-1-1" is on everyone's lips... the one country where everyone is safe but not safe. look behind you.. a moron/lunatic with a tommy gun ... call 911