CyanogenMod 10.2 gets a stable release, focus now shifts to CM 11
1. mturby (Posts: 247; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Tell me about it when carriers adopts u as an official OS and CyanogenMod dont make me root my phone and get the warranty voided. PS: CyanogenMod is an android version modified, so no, it is not the same as android.
2. deathgod (Posts: 120; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
"PS: CyanogenMod is an android version modified, so no, it is not the same as android."
CyanogenMod is an Android ROM. It's based off of AOSP (stock android roms) if i'm not mistaken, just with tweaks and extra features. Calling it " not the same as android" would be the same as calling Touchwiz, Sense, and whatever LG calls it's skin not Android.
4. mturby (Posts: 247; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Touchwiz, sense and LG whatever calls it are Official tweaks and extra features. Thats why carriers allow them. PS: rooting the phone to install an unofficial ''Android'' OS voids the warranty and may brick the phone.
6. sprockkets (Posts: 1236; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
The carriers won't allow it because it allows people to do what the carriers won't allow, like free tethering.
The fact that a carrier wouldn't allow is all the more reason to like it.
If you want to have carrier support, well, go ahead. I see no need to pay extra for data I've already paid for.
13. mturby (Posts: 247; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
ok, root the phone and be without warranty.
16. PK1983 (Posts: 177; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
You can always go back to stock. Kinda like jail braking an iphone. What will AT&T do for you even if you do have a warranty? Find out a way to not replace your phone or give you a "lightly" used one instead of a new one.
3. dewgomes007 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Nov 2013)
when will Galaxy S3 I9300 get 10.2 ??? Cyanogenmod released 10.2 for every s3 except the GT-I9300...... :(
8. kanagadeepan (Posts: 685; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Have to blame the closed Exynos code of Sammy... (US S3 is actually based on Qualcomm Sanpdragon so not much of an issue) Same for Note2 also...
14. Razrman (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Verizon Galaxy Note II has Exynos 4412 and there is CM available for it.
10. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
It's up already, though I can't vouch for its stability
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8614; Member since: 14 May 2012)
T-Mobile S3 (T999) has had a stable 10.2 ROM since September...
7. kryme (Posts: 141; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
i upgrade just now on my Gnex and none of the google apps works....... what did i do wrong
12. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8614; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Install the recent GApps package from XDA or Goomanager. If that doesn't work, clear cache and delvik cache before flashing the ROM again.