Curved LG G Flex to cost almost as much as an iPhone 5S 64GB in the UK
0. phoneArena 13 Jan 2014, 07:13 posted on
The LG G Flex will be released in the UK next month, possibly a bit earlier than in the US - where AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile are all going to sell the smartphone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
But unlike the iPhone this is worth the price....
3. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
With only 2GB RAM
SD800 is old and outdated, ot even a A57 or A15 or Tegra5 CPU with PvrSgxR6630 Gpu, then it's worth it. Or else this is this should price at £489 more like
8. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Actually, Snapdragon 800 isn't old and outdated, majority of phones are using Snapdragon 800. It's 2014, not 2015, so it's still acceptabaly new.
And what's wrong with 2GB RAM? It's already enough for most people including me.
19. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
2Gb Ram for Android is peaunuts. This is what is running on my HtcOne:
Ggle playservice 40mb
Infrared 40 mb
Nfc 43 mb
Settings 43 mb
Social manager 52 mb
Dolphin browser 45
Wildblood 45 mb
Realracing 45 mb
Ashphalt 8 45 mb
Facebook 55 mb
Viber 43 mb
Avast antivirus 53 mb
Swype keyboard 63 mb
Dialer 52 mb
Coot tools 38 mb
Dropbox 45 mb
Haxysync 40 mb
Ggle playstore 44 mb
Rambooster 40 mb
Poweramp 46 mb
System 70 mb
Tango 43 mb
Whatsapp 43 mb
Android procesd 47 mb
Android media 47 mb
Com android nfc mefia
Ggle process gap 45 mb
Ggle locations 43 mb
Com htc bgp 40 mb
Htc power mngmnt 43 mb
Htc sense 110 mb
So this is whats taking up Ram, just by having installed 15 apps...
Android is a hungry full fledged resource platform which tequires alot of. Power and Ram... So only 300 mb Ram left for browsing. Pathetic...
All these apps need to run at the background. Even W7 W8 don't have that many apps and resourced running at the background...
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
the most advanced chip in the world is outdated, which planet are you on!
16. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
Advanced chip... It's not even classed as an A15 letalone A57. Glofified A9, even Baytrails destroys the SD805.
Are you comparing SD800 Vs an A15 SOC. please what tech world are you in....? Are you saying that the iNtel i3 isbetter than the i5....? LMFAO... please .... The most advanced chip is by Apples Cyclone Swift: A57 ArmV8s and Exynos 6oCto, followed by Exynos5420
21. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9366; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You forgot to add the Tegra 5 before the A7.
22. JunBringer (Posts: 110; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
I'd worry about 720p on a 6 inch phone myself. Everything else is fine with me.
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6877; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And it's not as fragile and not paying for the name.
17. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Meh. I just don't see the compelling value proposition of flexible screens. Resolution is stepping backward. When the G-Flex ships in the U.S., Sammy's GS5 will either be shipping, or about to ship.
If I am going to drop $ on the order of what LG appears to have priced the G-Flex, I would rather put my money on the GS5.
2. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3244; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Apple set the trend for overpricing and now everybody is following.
6. FoneAddict (Posts: 211; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
No phone is worth $1,135 that's just ridiculous LG and Apple! Mobile phone companies are making huge profit margins, I hope things will change as smartphones become more mainstream.
7. shahulvm (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Pricing is getting ridiculous. Afterall we need the phones to talk/sms/social & games. They are not part of basic necessities to thrive in this world
10. Teja171 (unregistered)
LG G3 to cost $1000 ?
12. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I'd rather get the G Flex instead of the iPhone 5s.
15. T.F.O.A (Posts: 36; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
I prefer iPhone 5s over G Flex. The G flex is too big for my hands. No offense. I like both iOS and Android.
20. papss (unregistered)
Way too much for a screen that has low resolution. Not to mention the bland look of this phone.. I'm a LG fan but not at that price.