Cupertino blown away by demand for Apple iPhone 5
0. phoneArena 15 Sep 2012, 01:49 posted on
The first day of pre-orders for the Apple iPhone 5 found strong demand for the device across all carriers and models; after the fairly tepid response to the Apple iPhone 4S, pre-orders for the Apple iPhone 5 led Apple spokesman to say that Apple has been "blown away" by the demand for the phone...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
102. Peter27 (Posts: 233; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
well what did you expect, when you heard IFans:
i will be dissapointed but i will buy it anyway. So here we go.
Also, did not they claim that it was all just a fake and that real phone will look absolutely different ? Groundbreaking ? At the end they follow Apple with whatever they released.
Shame on you IFans. Shame on you.
106. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
course they are. they can put that half eaten fruit logo anywhere even on a toilet seat and it will sell like crap.
most of people who pre order the magical iphone 5 its because of the brand or they want to be part of the "cool" crowd like its still 2007 smh.
good for you apple on release a 2009 phone and make mad money.
110. rudlie (Posts: 182; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Not supposed to be blown away, it just a tradition
111. teerex42 (Posts: 178; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
I DOUBT VERY MUCH THAT THIS IS SOLD OUT ON PREORDER BASIS AT VERIZON!!! NO CHANCE WITH THE S3 BEING OUT. EVERYONE I KNOW THAT IS ON VERIZON HASE NO INTEREST IN THE IPHONE. DROID/SAMSUNG RULES, IPHONE DOES NOT AT LEAST ON VERIZON!!!
118. kindlefireowner (Posts: 476; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
For the Apple haters, Apple, Verizon, AT&T, Samsung, and Sprint will be reporting there earnings in October. If you want to know the real numbers, read the earnings report. Those are the numbers they report to the S.E.C.
I know most of you never heard of a earnings report. You can read the earnings report on Smartmoney.com or Marketwatch.com.
119. xfire99 (Posts: 580; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
The higher demand of iPhone 5, the higher dissapointment it will be to iSheeps and they will have to wait long time before to get hand on iPhone 5. The breaking up from Samsung for chipsets/components/display production will show up later. None of the manufacturer can produce same high amount and quality as Samsung do.
120. mas11 (Posts: 1033; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
That's cute. I'm going to get the RAZR HD because I want a large HD screen and a battery that lasts all day.
124. speckledapple (Posts: 885; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
There is litle doubt that this device will sell. The question is whether those sales will move its position in the marketplace. As with the 4S, sales were basically from current users upgrading (which is something a company like Apple can expect as they come out with a device every year regardless of those 2 year contracts some customers jump on).
New organic sales may not be something that comes easy with the way market domination is today and share only really coming from lower players. Time will tell how much it sells but numbers should show whether they are new or old users of the OS.
125. kindlefireowner (Posts: 476; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
What marketplace are you talking about? Apple has one model of phones that they sell. Samsung has dozens of phones. They make android, windows, and feature phones, so they will sell more phones.
The marketplace that counts is the stock market. Apple stock went up 40 points in a week. It's an American company sitting on billions of dollars of profits. Tons of Americans have made good money on Apple stock. Can not say the same thing about Samsung.
128. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Any thrid party audit or it's just that Apple is blowing their own trumpets ably assisted by the professional bloggers who spam on all sites in return for a free iPhone 5 :D
132. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I enjoy watching all you apple haters make fun of phone arena for being pro-apple with their articles. Why wouldn't they post Apple articles in droves because they know Every jealous android lover will post and generate traffic. To the editor of phone arena, We apple fans commend what you do. LONG LIVE APPLE.
135. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
honestly do you think your apart of apple or apple care about you in some way?
its one thing to like a certain company its another to be a deluded fanboy who believes everyone is jealous because they aren't interested in the iphone and choose something differant and on specs and tech better
everyone knew whatever apple revealed it would sell, all because of the brand , that little apple logo sells itself nothing to do with the advancement of the phone(or in this case lack of advancement )
and no im not an apple hater, although because i said some negative things towards them you will automatically think i am
133. iphone4me (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
CHEEHOO! ijust pre-ordered my iphone5! ;-))
If you can't beat'um, join 'um! ;-))
136. kindlefireowner (Posts: 476; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I love Apple hate. 99% of Apple hate is based on nothing factual.
Apple stock closed at $693 on Friday after hour's. I guess everybody on Wall Street are isheep as well. Apple stock went up $10 because of advance pre-order.
? What is the perfect screen size.
ANSWER. Whatever Apple says.
137. ogtomasx (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
PEOPLE are so blind apple was great before i agree it was the best...!!!!! (WAS) open your eyes there taking your money and they are not enovting anything defrent OMG you guys are stupid for real NEXT month there will be phones that will destroy the iphone new specs in every category 13 Mp camera, QUAD-CORE cpu, 1368x780 resolution stupid being dum by the end of next month your friends will make FUN of you because they already have a better phone.....iM just honest, wait till next month then decide.
153. agentoj (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
It's technology there always will be the latest and greatest around the corner. The iPhone doesn't need all those specs because the OS doesn't need that much power. It's is not as capable as android, but everyone does not need all the bells and whistles. If you are all about specs and like samsung, HTC, or w/e other phone manufacturer's designs then great you found YOUR phone. No need to hate on people who like the iPhone. Thinking specs is everything is stupid. Makiing a decision that best fits your specific needs is smart; making a blanket statement for everyone to follow..... now that is stupid. IM just honest.
138. ogtomasx (Posts: 43; Member since: 25 Aug 2012)
PEOPLE are so blind apple was great before i agree it was the best...!!!!! (WAS) open your eyes there taking your money and they are not enovating anything diffrent OMG you guys are stupid for real NEXT month there will be phones that will destroy the iphone new specs in every category 13 Mp camera, QUAD-CORE cpu, 1368x780 resolution stupid being dum by the end of next month your friends will make FUN of you because they already have a better phone.....iM just honest, wait till next month then decide.
139. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
No surprise there. I preordered as well. iPhone 5 is the best thing on the market now and people are not stupid, like a lot of dudes here think so. There is just nothing better than the OS, the screen the build quality(oh the quality!), camera, ecosystem, stability, simplicity, everything.
142. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate its fine if you wanna get that phone but you then spout absolute crap. the simple restricted OS isnt the best
the build quality, well what happens when you drop your iphone? ohh yeah the screen and glass dont fair too well
the camera- average over saturated camera
ecosystem- well like they say once your in you cant get out , it traps you into there eco system no freedom what so ever
144. Shino (banned) (Posts: 196; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Dude, I think thaaat if you feel restricted, get a lax.:) Come ooon! You guys just can't accept that this thing is amazing in every way. Dude, the camera of 4S is acknowledged as one of the best in all smartphones, 5's is even better and you can't swallow even this fact. Instead of dribbling just go and get one:) You will feel much better and by any means not restricted at all:) There is just nothing better and that's a fact. Millions would be sold in a matter of of days. And that is mildly said. And it is funny cause you know it very, very well. PS: by the way the iPhone 5 is aluminium and glass. Not plastic, I repeat plastic(LG, Shamshung, Kia, etc..:)
148. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Oh so how does Aluminium help or is better? Plastics are found inside every car so what's your point?
154. agentoj (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
It's preference I like the aluminum feel. Wouldn't do well with drops but I don't drop my phones that often. If so I got my Evo to fall back on.
158. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Again proving my point that people that think that glass and aluminum are premium materials are id**ts.
They are not. In fact aluminum gives you weaker signal strength. Plastic is lighter, more durable, and doesnt mess with your signal.
151. Sackboy117 (Posts: 178; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
"There is just nothing better and that's a fact"
There are a lot of things better. One may be better in one thing and one in the other.
Better in sales, probably, but compare to Call of Duty, when did sales ever mean better games
(I like CoD though, 100s millions of sales every game, :D)
161. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
haha you feeling ok? you know just because apple and you say it dont make it fact
first the camera- your precious iphone gets beaten by the 2 year old nokia n8, the nokia 808 basically buried the iphone. also the lumia 920 looks to be the better camera out of the iphone and lumia. can you swallow that? or you crying becuase negative things are been said about apple.
restricted OS is proven fact, can you play avi files yet? or simply drag and drop files when your phones connetced....can you use mass storage yet?
as for the materials used for a product, so there's no plastic on the iphone you sure? besides i can shut you up by saying the best build quality has to go to nokia . there lumia 920 looks better , built better and isnt an overhyped deja vu of a outdated phone
samsung s3 beats the iphone in specs and generally a better phone
lumia 920 looks and is built better, just look at the n9 and lumia 900
nokia n8 and 808 destroy your iphones camera....that bean said the HTC one x and s3 also compete with your iphones camera
155. agentoj (Posts: 104; Member since: 29 Oct 2009)
All high end smart phones have glass, so there is not point to that part of the argument.
145. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Riiiiight... they had no idea that finally releasing the device everyone expected the 4S to be wouldn't be a huge seller. That being opened up to more carriers, markets, 1st time buyers, and switchers; and that those people that are still on the first, iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs, and iPhone 4 wouldn't all be chomping at the bit for the iPhone 5?
That's a giant steaming load of horse manure.
At best, their "blown away" is disingenuous. At worst, they're using a few pixels splashed on the page that read as, "Out of Stock" to artificially inflate demand.
They aren't a tech company. They aren't an innovative company. What they are is the world's best marketing company. P.T. Barnum would be impressed.
147. kindlefireowner (Posts: 476; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Business 101. Make a product that people want to buy, then sell it to them at full price.
Do you think the millions of housewives and women that love there iphone care about innovation. That will be a NO. They just want the new iphone with a bigger screen for angry birds. So Apple is this big bad company for making a product that there customer base loves. That is dumb.
STOP THE HATE.
156. soullinker20 (Posts: 5; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
well said... it's just business. not jumping on a quad core yet and still sold millions...... even if i own an iphone and will buy the ip5, this is just my gripe from it.. very minimal upgrade then calling it the best thing
157. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats called being a salesman. They are just very good at talking up their product regardless of fact.
162. iphone4me (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
iwanted to buy & tru the SGIII but i don't wanna be like alll these "FANDROIDS" Apple "HATERS".
What's wrong with these people, it's all about "CHOICES". It's just like Cars, the Korean Car "Hyundai" is an excellent Car, lots of features & accessories, compare to the "C" Class entry level Mercedez Benz, but I wouldn't buy it just because it's loaded with more options & features.
And the other thing I want to add is, you look better holding an "iPhone", it shows "High Class" whereas an "Android", you look "CHEAP"; and mostly minorities buys them.
It's "COOL" to be with the " in" crowd, that's why ilove "iPhone4me".
164. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
deluded little rant there mate, cant understand your point at all
are you saying that the iphone is just so you can be cool because if you feel you need a certain phone to be cool your no where near 'cool'
the minorities comment, isnt android out selling iOS. this cheap argument is invalid because android cover all price ranges and at the same price as the iphone you can get a much better android phone that will out perform the iphone in every way.
and soom wp8 will hit the market and give a 3rd choice, a much needed breath of fresh air.
165. iphone4me (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
People buy iPhone for many Reasons such as:
1. USER friendly, "simplified" - even my mother, who is 86 years of age knows how to use it & loving it, she had a Blackberry before and now can not stop showing off to her friends, and she told me they are going to pick up an iPhone too!
2. STATUS SYMBOL - Classy, Sassy, "In" crowd, "Coolness"
3. TRADE-IN VALUE
6. CUSTOMER SERVICE @ the MAC Store, always busy but very efficient.
166. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
lets pick apart your list lol
1. simplified - i think you mean simple and basic , thanks to the restrictions the OS has. and love how you go straight to someone showing off to others with the iphone, sums it up. shiny piece of gimmicky crap to show off with
2. status symbol....you serious if you need a phone to feel part of this imaginary in crowd you speak of then you have a sad life. there are much more stylish phones out there just look at the lumia's
3.well thanks to the over pricing of apple devices that all you'll ever have as an excuse. if idiots are willing to pay those high prices for mid level device let them
4. hahaha drop your phone once then say that. lets play phone conkers i'll use my nokia see what happens to your iphone
5. well ive seen the cold effect an iphone it literally froze and didnt respong, plus pressing any of the buttons didnt help and you cant take the battery out so your stuck until it can right itself
6. well considering the money they charge they need to have good customer service. but do you not see how they treat you like idiots, apple will never acknowledge theres a problem with there products its always the customers fault.