Cupertino approves Apple futuristic 'spaceship' campus, its new home to open doors in 2015-2016
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2013, 09:13 posted on
Apple’s futuristic new home, the so called “Spaceship” campus, has been approved with a unanimous decision by the Cupertino City Council…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6621; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm actually digging this futuristic look of the building as $2 billion is pocket change to them.
2. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
sexy building!! But “home for innovation..." really!? Apple (and everyone else) are tossing around the word innovation around too much!
3. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Beautiful building. I can see a corporation the size of Apple having a building like this to be their main headquarters, certainly looks better than the one they occupy now.
4. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4599; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It looks like a big sanatorium. :D
Also why it should be important to Apple product users?
5. Klamba92 (Posts: 178; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Not a fan of apple, but i am of space and futuristic buildings, looks great!
7. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 212; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I like the whole idea of the campus, only because Apple is going to plant 5000+ trees :)
8. Sauce (Posts: 1057; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
Along with all those thousands of solar panels the roof is topped with :D
9. jove39 (Posts: 1206; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Looks beautiful from whatever I can see...and best part is, roof has solar panels.
10. Finest (Posts: 68; Member since: 16 Aug 2013)
It should be shaped like an apple and a lot of apples must be around it :)
11. Taters (Posts: 2372; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks wicked, trendy and futuristic in a contemporary way. Too bad Apple will never offer any of that to their consumers and just rip them off really badly so they can make more money to build awesome things for themselves and not the consumer or retailers.
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Type all of that again and replace "Apple" with your favorite Company. Trust me, it's the same.
15. VZWuser76 (Posts: 986; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
And yet, you rage on how much Apple is better than others. So when Apple does something bad, they're no worse than the other companies, but when they do something good, they're miles ahead of anyone else? OK.
17. Taters (Posts: 2372; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You are so off based as usual. Apple is the only company that will charge you 719 Canadian for a dual core cpu, less than 720p screen, 1gb of ram, and a 1560 mah battery and then go blow 2 billion on a fancy office.
As a comparison Samsung charges you $649 Canadian a quad core cpu, 1080p screen, 2gb of ram, and a 2600 mah battery. And they are still nice enough to build an R&D facility right next to Google for your benefit despite you costing them 1 billion in court fees and your president giving their competitor an unfair advantage by lifting bans.
Huge difference there that even you should see despite your really poor math skills.
If I was Samsung I would try and rip you off hard and incorporate that 1 billion dollar loss by marking up Samsung devices in the US, which is EXACTLY what Apple would do I believe, since they have no problem marking up prices for Canadians.
Trust me, you have no idea about how businesses work if you think every other company is just as greedy as Apple.
20. Ninetysix (Posts: 1072; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
I LOLed. Every company is as greedy as Apple but not as succesful. Why don't you start your own business where your goal is not for profit. How long are you going to last? Name a company that is not greedy :)
How is Apple ripping off the customer when they are willing to pay for it? When you walk in an Apple store, do they put a shutgun on your head and forces you to buy their product?
Do you say eh a lot?
22. VZWuser76 (Posts: 986; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
No one is saying these companies have to be nonprofit, but there is such a thing as business ethics, ever heard of that? Or is that only for companies that fail? Tell me, do you have a poster of Gordon Gekko on your wall by chance? My point is most of these companies act like making a profit and being ethical can't exist together.
21. stealthd (Posts: 866; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
You clearly don't know anything about business, or technology for that matter.
24. darkkjedii (Posts: 9277; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yes he does and they are. Who cares who's greediest among the greedy. A murderer of 2, Is just as bad as a murderer of 100
26. hmmm... (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
So from your logic, a murderer of 1 is just as bad as a muderer who commits genocide and kills off millions?
27. number29 (Posts: 128; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
That $719 gets you iOS, an OS made from the ground up by Apple (and all it's associated services) That $649 gets you a free OS that's been made by someone else. If anything, the Samsung should be even cheaper by virtue of their massively lower development costs.
29. willard12 (Posts: 548; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
If the OS consists only of rows of icons in pastel that has now "adopted" answering a call with a message, notifications shade, command center, toggles, and a slew of items shamelessly adopted from the good ideas of others....then it probably really isn't "from the ground up." Since you probably can't name even 1, just 1, only 1 feature developed in ios then that "ground up" OS that they worked so tirelessly to develop probably isn't all that expensive to create. But please, educate me and tell me 1 (just one) of these great services invented by Apple. ..from the ground up.
14. jaytai0106 (Posts: 825; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
That's the only thing I like from Apple :D It is a badass campus they are putting in. Hopefully, they are not using Chinese contractor to build that haha
18. Shatter (Posts: 1766; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The area in the middle is where the brainwashed graze.
19. andynaija (Posts: 349; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Really great futuristic look of the campus and the green technology is really awesome with the solar panel roof. It would be cool if they planted apple trees around it as well but I don't know if apples grow well in that area
25. ZeroCide (Posts: 677; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Now they are even copying building designs from the pentagon.
28. andynaija (Posts: 349; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Please tell me, does that model look like a five-sided figure in your eyes? Or you just felt like typing that.