"Crystal clear" Samsung Galaxy F leaked again, this time in its full glory
32. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3423; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Speaker design on back could give it much better look.
88. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
The front looks very attractive. The back looks ugly. Why 5.3"?
92. shuaibhere (Posts: 1908; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
More like LG imitating Samsung S series with G series....
38. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
cute? Yeah only in samsung fans mind. everything about samsung is cute and innovative. I'm speechless
44. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3473; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Isn't it the same for Apple fanboys? Like you as a perfect example.
46. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Funny because you do the exact same thing. Pot, meet kettle.
59. BobbyDigital (Posts: 866; Member since: 29 May 2014)
As do you Smurf. Let's be honest here, you're one of PA's biggest trolls. You troll almost every non Samsung related article and go on and on about how great Samsung is. You're just as bad as Mxy and the nokia/MS fanboys.
69. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Prove it. Give me five articles in the past week.
70. BobbyDigital (Posts: 866; Member since: 29 May 2014)
So now you're a liar on top of being a troll?? Wow. And I don't have to prove anything that's already common knowledge in these forums.
83. BobbyDigital (Posts: 866; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Seriously dude? Just because you haven't trolled yet this week, doesn't mean you don't troll. Ask anyone in these forums if you're a Samsung gambit who trolls anything not Samsung and I guarantee they'll say yes. But hey, if you can't be honest with yourself more power to you junior.
85. Run.n.Gun (Posts: 42; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
lol..PapSmur stands on the frontline when it comes to defending Samsung and that is indeed common knowledge
90. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please feel free to direct yourself into reading comment #2.
52. Astoni (Posts: 616; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Just log out.. you're even worse than zyx(can't remember the darn name) atleast he's a bit logical.. all you do i praise without any facts to back you up.
54. doejon (Posts: 386; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
at least they are trying to change something unlike apple
80. Htconem7 (Posts: 7; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I wonder if HTC and Samsung will release their respective "prime" products to counter the release of Iphone 6. Very interesting.
82. marcski07 (Posts: 588; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
CEO: designers! let's redefine our design! let's make a galaxy F, as in F for Fashion! an elegant, seamless, beautiful, handset!
designers: how about simply change our perforated design to brushed metal in the back and keep the perforated design in the front? that will surely perfect for FASHION, and our fans will surely gonna love the NEW design.
CEO: hmm... that's good idea! that's really a MAJOR change! you guys are genius!
galaxy F * c k T * r d s
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No thanks. If history repeats itself (M8), aluminum = inferior reception.
6. maccess (Posts: 706; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
True.. My m7 reception isnt as good as my note 2.. But this looks quite tempting though..
31. amats69 (Posts: 1221; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Seriously? You have the HTC one m7? The phone u bash to death before? Dude pretending that you have that phone just for the sake of bashing,trolling or posting some lies is just BS..lol..right Papa smurf?
43. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't know if you're trying to say I have a M8 or not.
M8's reception sucks. Period.
72. maccess (Posts: 706; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
I have an m7 as my daily driver even until now.. I like the phone just for the speaker and the smoothness of sense UI.. Everything else like the camera, the easily dent edge, easily hot back when you browsing or playing games and the not so great reception are the downside for me.. And please give me any link that i ever bash the m7 to death kid.. And one more, did i ever mention that i dont own an m7??
9. Supraman21 (Posts: 162; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
There is no history of bad reception from the HTC One. Neither the M7 or M8
12. Zack20 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
There is buddy.
And I used to have M7. So saying that from experience.
16. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Use the device in person. I always get three or four signal bars everywhere in Chicago where my S5 always got five. The noticeable difference is the Wifi radios that give me 50% slower speeds. S5 gave me 108mbps and M8 gave me 50. God they blow so much.
41. Noble_One (Posts: 59; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
I believe this is true...I've never had the m7 or m8 but my evo 4g LTE definitely had reception issues when compared to the one x. The aluminum novelty wore off real quick for me personally...
68. chebner (Posts: 166; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I don't think comparing an Evo 4g LTE to a One X is really valid when it comes to reception. Yes they are the essentially the same phone constructed with different materials but they also run on different networks. The EVO was exclusive to Sprint, other carriers had the ONE X. Your reception issue may have been related to the Sprint network and not your aluminum phone.
I too had the EVO 4g LTE. While it wasn't the best phone I've ever had in terms of reception, it was miles ahead of the EVO 3D, which was plastic.
The M8 is another step up from the EVO 4g LTE for reception. I've had one dropped call in 3 months and data connections are much more consistent and speedier. It helps that Sprint has vastly improved their network where I live.
71. true1984 (Posts: 683; Member since: 23 May 2012)
umm the evo 4g lte was mostly plastic. the only aluminum on it was the chassis and the part that covered the battery
75. Ashoaib (Posts: 2711; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
I dont consider anandtech as much professional as gsmarena...
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3473; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
No worries. It's probably just "Faux Aluminium".
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You're really hungry for trolling today aren't you?
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Don't complain to the community and to PA when you get another warning.
40. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
samsung fans will accept every excuse
74. rd_nest (Posts: 1090; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Peasants like you shouldn't be even allowed to tech sites.
77. Mels13 (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
not at all.Me,I dont like plastic or home butten nedd to be changed and I can say that but apple fans never say smth like that for apple even there r smth bad.
57. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
you've just made my day ahahahah :D
55. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 410; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Also, a greater chance of overheating. And then there's the fact that this is fake af. The texture and shadows are very wrong and I don't see a speaker.
67. chebner (Posts: 166; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
PapaSmurf, I think you need to try to get HTC to replace your M8. I have no reception issues with my M8 nor do I have an issue with the battery you have mentioned on other posts.
The M8 is a great phone, it's too bad you got stuck with a deffective one.
3. iampayne (Posts: 318; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
So were the first few S5s just a beta product?
5. kanagadeepan (Posts: 758; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Not sure about that... But the early adopters of S5 are beta testers for sure...
8. Zack20 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
You mean those early adopters who are tech-savvy and want to get the latest gadget?
Because many of the S5 owners just want a great phone, and probably don't care if there comes a better one in the market, as long as they feel satisfied.
48. magnanimus (Posts: 389; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
With that logic upgrading to the S5 from the S4 is useless then since the average user will be absolutely content with the S4. When buying the S5, consumers go in with the mind set "this will be the up-to-date phone from Samsung that will last me a year", then to their dismay Samsung releases something better than the flagship in 6 months. So their phone just became not-up-to-date. That's one of the things I love apple for. They don't slap their consumers across the face with mid year launches
62. mrmessma (Posts: 98; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I look forward to a midyear refresh to bring down the price of vanilla S5's. Hopefully by that point there will be enough roms around to replace the awful touchwiz. I look for functionality in a phone, not status.
66. magnanimus (Posts: 389; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
The price of the Vanilla S5 will come down regardless of whether a new one comes out or not. For a new S5 to come out mid year, it signifies Samsung is not truly happy of its previous flagship making it look like consumers just bought the prototype flagship. What's to stop Samsung from releasing a metal QHD in the first place?
And you could go with the argument you can just not get the new one but from what I've noticed, once a new Samsung device comes out the focus is on the new device and the older ones are slightly neglected. (Que Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition and the 12.2 NotePro)
93. mrmessma (Posts: 98; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Prices always come down, yes, but prices always go down significantly more once a new flagship is released Z1, M7, S4 etc. As far as software goes, I use 3rd party so getting a phone that is solid hardware wise with a bulletproof AOSP is nice.
What stops Samsung or any maker from releasing everything you could want is supply issues and cost. But for what I want, replaceable battery, a metal back is unlikely. I use a case anyways, so I don't mind.
10. kanagadeepan (Posts: 758; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I agree... But its less uglier than OG S5 with Chicken POX infected back cover..
63. zuckerboy (banned) (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
yeah beside its camera s5 is fail , hope samsung will change the design of galaxy series
17. Gulliver (Posts: 24; Member since: 18 Sep 2013)
This is relatively questionable!?! My main constrain will be not even a phone drop but slight push to or hit with other objects (keys) deforming the back cover hollow. Back in the goof old times, all my Nokia's with metal back had this problem. To me it is not more premium, nor better looking but most definitely not advantage in durability and functionality. So for the hardware spect dont know yet but the outfit of this phone is not my choice!!!