Cringing video shows Nokia Lumia 900 being used as a hammer
0. phoneArena posted on 18 May 2012, 11:21
Anyone who has had the misfortunate of witnessing a smartphone glass casualty knows that skin crawling sound of hard earned money going down the drain and the subsequent aggravation that will take place replacing the device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PhoneArenaUser posted on 18 May 2012, 11:33 8 1
Successor of Nokia 3310 or just wannabe Nokia 3310 ? :)
18. PhoneArenaUser posted on 18 May 2012, 14:14 1 0
But, yes, as far as I know Nokias Lumia 900 body should be strong because it is monalith polycarbonate.
19. -box- posted on 18 May 2012, 14:37 1 0
I used my 3590 as a hammer one time (had to nail a tarp over a hole in a house, no time to get my tools), though I used the side edge, not the face. Didn't phase it one bit, just a few light scratches and with the replaceable body shell, didn't worry if it were to get damaged
3. Non_Sequitur posted on 18 May 2012, 11:47 10 1
Okay, I'm not a huge fan of Nokia or the WP platform, but that is sincerely incredible. Wow. Nice work, Nokia.
4. sunandks posted on 18 May 2012, 11:56 6 3
Hahaha Liked the ending....even Elop can't believe his eyes ;)
24. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 19 May 2012, 09:04 0 0
Elop has just fired him :D
5. jove39 posted on 18 May 2012, 12:01 6 10
Nokia...wrap up android in that body...then we are talking.
6. thedarkside posted on 18 May 2012, 12:10 5 8
well at least we know nokia can make solid phones, now we just have to convince them to drop WP
7. PackMan posted on 18 May 2012, 12:18 4 3
Other phones with Corning Gorilla glass like Galaxy sII, sIII etc should be able to do this too.
8. GALAXY-S posted on 18 May 2012, 12:22 1 3
well there you goo! something the lumnia can be usefull for !!
11. Bluesky02 posted on 18 May 2012, 12:52 4 2
Convincing, one of the reasons i prefer Nokia. But i'm sure Samsung Galaxy 3 could pass something like this.
13. PackMan posted on 18 May 2012, 12:55 2 0
Most of the phone with gorilla glass will pass this. Galaxy sII survived drop from shoulder height screen first.
15. skymitch89 posted on 18 May 2012, 13:12 0 2
The reason they GS2 survived a shoulder height drop on the screen is because it landed on the screen, which means more surface area for the device to land on and usually results in less damage. Try to do the same drop but have the phone land on one of the corners. I'm fairly sure that there will be quite a bit of damage. I've dropped my Evo Shift many times, and many of those times it landed on the back or front with just a scratch if that, but once it landed on the corner and I had to have the whole screen/slider replaced because the touch screen wasn't working.
16. PackMan posted on 18 May 2012, 13:23 2 0
And you are saying Lumia can do that. I am wondering how much of the success in the test is due to Nokia's build quality. We can only find out when the test is done on other phones. I don't think the screen on Lumia will be able to take blunt force like when it hit corners like you said.
Anyways, Nokia and Sony are known for quality hardware and i would like the test to be conducted on other phones.
23. 7series7 posted on 18 May 2012, 22:10 0 0
Nokia does make good quality phone. Currently using the Nokia N86 from the past 2 yrs. Even it slipped from my hand and fell on one of the corners and the phone is still working fine few scraches though.Nokia Lumia 900 has a better build quality and should survive when phone lands on one of the corners
28. haseebzahid posted on 21 May 2012, 15:37 0 0
i remeber droping my nokia 3510i and from top of the staris and it drops on edge of a stair bounces off and launches to the ground with extra punch but was still ON and working . not even shutdown that was a sledgehammer
26. Schmao posted on 20 May 2012, 14:34 0 0
So did my hd2. Survived about 30 of those, then I accidently dropped it on some sharp rocks, and it finally cracked.
14. haseebzahid posted on 18 May 2012, 12:56 2 1
sgs2 didnt even passed the Drop test unscratched man there are few drop tests on web so sgs3 might be following the same line as sgs2 and never try on iphones they are fragile ones
20. Altair posted on 18 May 2012, 14:37 2 1
Haha that last part rocks! Try to hammer with iPhone LOL!
25. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 19 May 2012, 09:08 0 2
iPhone4s has the best gorila glass made ever!!!!
27. jmoita2 posted on 21 May 2012, 10:40 0 0
Sure... Just don't drop a pin on it, or the phone will shatter beyond repair...LOL!!!