Cover Lock Screen promises to 'smart-up' your Android lock screen
What Cover Lock Screen does is basically give you a list of relevant apps that you can access straight from your lock screen, without needing to unlock the phone first. When we say that it learns from your behavior, we mean that the Cover Lock Screen app would check which apps you use most at say home, and would show you those exact apps.
|Developer: Cover||Download: Android|
|Category: Lock screen||Price: Free|
Cover Lock Screen app spotlight Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Cover Lock Screen app spotlight
1. j-rod2079 (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Sounds interesting... but if you don't have to unlock to use the displayed apps, whats the point of having a lock screen?
11. DonkeySauce (Posts: 153; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
you have to press the app, then slide, kind of like the camera widget on the lock screen of iPhones or Samsung devices. I've been using this app for a little while now, and its actually pretty nice. When I'm driving, it knows I'm more likely to open Pandora or my podcast app. When at work, it knows I'll use Facebook.. lol.
18. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 338; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
It is stolen from Ubuntu anyway. Check out their homepage:http://www.ubuntu.com/phone/fe
2. j-rod2079 (Posts: 18; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
Anyone can pick up your phone and accesses personal info that is in the most frequently used apps!
3. amansingal14 (Posts: 283; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
is it not available on Nexus 5? Its not showing up on mine.
4. amansingal14 (Posts: 283; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Sorry, it's just not available out of the US, Canada, and Europe right now. So I guess, I might have to wait.
5. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1185; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Just find the APK and install on your phone :D
6. tempdogg74 (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Jan 2009)
It works with the security lock on your phone as well so just set a lock tyme and your good. Its in beta so this app will get better due to feed back and updates.
15. Stuntman (Posts: 707; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
How does it work with the security lock on my phone? If I have to pass the security lock, why not just unlock my phone and arrage my centre home screen to have my most commonly used apps?
7. pwnarena (Posts: 814; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
question is do its functions justify the added stress on the RAM and additional battery drain? would that be like a live wallpaper in terms of memory and battery consumption.
9. NexusPhan (Posts: 358; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Live wallpapers consume about 1% of battery. So I'm not sure what you mean by your comment.
I didn't notice any real battery differences when running it.
13. cjo1992 (Posts: 22; Member since: 04 May 2012)
It barely uses any battery and it doesn't even show up under battery usage. The developers had battery usage in mind when developing the app.
8. user996 (Posts: 180; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
download .apk file people and stop complaining
10. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 199; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
I love Cover, I read about it on GSMArena and it's fantastic. Only down side is I live so close to where I work it sometimes doesn't recognize I've left work.
12. JonBjSig (Posts: 176; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
We need more high quality lock screen replacements.
16. apple4never (Posts: 912; Member since: 08 May 2013)
can't even find the dam thing in the app store
17. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 683; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Yet another app that requires constant internet connection