Court ruling prevents SEP owners from seeking ITC exclusion order
0. phoneArena 23 May 2013, 13:48 posted on
In what is being described as a landmark court decision, a California court recently ruled that owners of standards-essential patents cannot enforce a sales ban from the ITC; the case involved was Realtek v. LSI/Agere, but there are similarities to the usual patent battles between Samsung and Apple that are up in front of the ITC. At least, Apple thinks so...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
28. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There's no need for you to support a rotten company!
Look's like you are one you're self! i$????
30. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
there IS a great need of that!
1) no free copy file = fascism
2) no default app selection = fascism
3) no nfc = arrogance
4) no voice recognition in many languages = incapability
5) Apple censors your personal emails!!!! - “Apple censoring iCloud emails and attachments” = fascism
6) "Phones most vulnerable among smartphones" = amateurs
7) "Apple iOS Apps Leak More Personal Info Than Android" = security amateurs
8) "Quarter of iPhones have a broken screen, poll says." = quality sucks
9) "40% of iOS popular apps invade your privacy without any permission." = security sucks
10) "FBI files: STEVE JOBS was a lying, power hungry, mad man."
11) "Steve Jobs: "We are shameless about stealing great ideas." "
12) "Italy fines Apple $1.2 million over AppleCare practices." = fascism
13) "Belgian consumer group files complaint against Apple over AppleCare warranty practices." = fascism
27. marioellobo (Posts: 44; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
wel said f**k apple it they don'y like it there's a freedom od speech i just used mine so deal with it deal with me.
2. Droiddoes (unregistered)
apple really is the worst.
3. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 8940; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
How's apple the worse because Samsung wants to abuse FRAND patents?
11. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
*you *right *for *you..... Wow I sheep can't even spell I'll add that to the list of yet more things they can't do.....
17. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
* your, Rip English, but my point is... It sucks to be you being a useless fan boy of a inferior Os
20. sniper1087 (Posts: 483; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
wow so much hate I dont understand, does any of this companies that sell phones gives you anything for you to be defending them so much? they only care for the money as long as they can keep people paying they will be happy, just pick the OS that you like and be happy with it, and yes I owned almost every high end device in the US and is all up to choice, pick what you like.
25. zekes (Posts: 229; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
what i love all os ur dumb because its not about a os
29. saffant (Posts: 264; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
an* inferior OS*.
"Your*; R.I.P English. However, my point is that it sucks to be you considering you're such a useless fan-boy of an inferior OS."
Nice try, but try harder next time.
32. saffant (Posts: 264; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
I was siding with you, u fool. I was replying to WHoyton1.
7. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I can not say for sure that Samsung did not abuse their FRAND license, I don't know. But I can tell you that Apple has abused the patent system since 2007. I can just imagine the sad state the mobile industry would be in if Apple would have got there way and suppress all competition through there overblown and far reaching patents.
8. Droiddoes (unregistered)
I said "worst", not "worse". If you're going to constantly troll could you at least learn to read? Thanks.
24. joey_sfb (Posts: 4978; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
how is FRAND patents different from other patents? just that selfish apple don't play well with others by agreeing to put patent into industry standard there by hindering interoperability.
FRAND patents are patent and apple had not pay for even a single ones. they are exploring on ways to avoid payment.
Industrial standard such as bluetooth, MPEG 4 will be a things of the past which is exactly what apple is gunning for.
9. sprockkets (Posts: 1609; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
FOSSpatents being dumbo's again. The court ruled that *no negotiations* before an ITC ban is wrong.
Apple already didn't want to accept FRAND rates from Moto.
10. Alan01 (Posts: 328; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
We do not take sides, but I felt compelled to answer your post. Motorola's demands for its SEPs were extremely high, if you recall, so you can't really compare (gulp!) Apples to Oranges.
13. thecorrescode (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
2% of the price of the product is not that high, compare to 8% or more Microsoft and Apple is asking.
And I am just wondering why still make Florian Mueler as your source. It was revealed in Oracle VS Google case that he is paid by Oracle to badmouth Google (and by what he is doing now, opensource too). There are other sources like Groklaw or Patently-O.
18. Topcat488 (Posts: 1377; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
HTC could be shilling out between $6 and $8 to Apple per phone the company sells as part of the companies’ recent licensing settlement, according to Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu.
The pricey licensing fee would net Apple something in the realm of $180 million and $280 million in 2013, based on expectations that HTC will sell between 30 million and 35 million smartphones next year.
In a note to investors, Wu said that this $8 fee was lower than what Apple initially proposed but greater than the $5 HTC pays Microsoft for each Android phone.
14. sprockkets (Posts: 1609; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I'm referring to the court case where Apple pretty much said, "We don't have to accept the rates set by a judge!"
That was in WI IIRC, and it was one Apple started themselves!
23. roscuthiii (Posts: 2027; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Alan never heard the saying, "It's better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."
12. robinlim85 (Posts: 86; Member since: 03 May 2013)
some people here just don't understand english
if u understand the article samsung obviously is the abuser of law patent in this particular case,Apple is the victims of Samsung Frand claims
15. PermanentHiatus (Posts: 267; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
I really feel that we are not getting enough court ruling and tax hearing articles.
Keep them coming please.
19. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
FCK U APPLE FCK U ITC. Getting sick n tired of this shyt.
21. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
What needs to be done to stop apple would be to nullify the frand agreement since it does nothing except give Apple a place to hide. Or force all the lame Apple patents, which are honestly even more ridiculous than frand patents into a similar union like structure like frand.
It's only about time that someone steps in and stops Apple and MS from abusing like how frand stopped Nokia and Ericsson from abusing their power.
22. -box- (Posts: 3990; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Pro-apple article from Alan f again. No surprise!