Could this unknown Samsung handset be the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo?
0. phoneArena 09 Mar 2014, 03:53 posted on
Zauba is a website that tracks imports and exports into and out of India. Occasionally, an unknown device happens to show up on the site. For example, a Samsung phone with the model number SM-G800F has been imported into India by way of South Korea. The site notes that the device has been brought into the country for R&D testing, and is valued at 31,790 INR ($520 USD) each. A total of 7 units were imported on March 5th through the 7th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2267; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
So, S5 snapdragon, S5 Exynos, S5 Neo, S5 mini, S5 "premium" (f line). I wonder how many models they're going to make this year...
6. vincelongman (Posts: 952; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
31,790 INR ($520 USD) - S5 Neo
33,061 INR ($541 USD) - S5
The price saving is barely $21, wouldn't you be better off saving for another month or two and getting the S5 instead of the Neo.
Seems pointless to make a $21 cheaper version, maybe if it was $100+ cheaper, $21 doesn't seem like its enough
14. tech2 (Posts: 1790; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Galaxy S5 is priced at 45,500 INR
19. vincelongman (Posts: 952; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Actually on second thought your probably right because flagships are never just $550 on release (except Nexus).
45000 INR = $740, which seems more realistic.
16. draconic1991 (Posts: 117; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
There is no way s5 will release at 33061...the s4 comes at around 30000
17. nokia12 (Posts: 279; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
lol it is 21$ for samsung.. the price difference might be 150-200$ at retail..
the difference between a low end soc and top end soc is not even 30$.. but we don't see companies using top end soc in low end phones and asking for that 30 $ more do you ?
11. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Samsung made various of high quality products before the Android era. But now, they focused on quantity. Balance between quality and quantity could make Samsung even far more successfull than now.
29. silencer271 (Posts: 149; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
As many as they want they make the phone and can afford it and have the manufacturing arm to do They unlike apple care all price levels just not the one that will make the most money.
34. Tizen007 (Posts: 493; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
I know.. Just want the freakin premium!!!
36. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2267; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I have no idea why they made the S5 if it's not going to be the flagship anyway... Are they ditching the Galaxy S line and making F line the new flagship or something? I dunno...
37. Tizen007 (Posts: 493; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
According to this article, what you said make sense. And I really do hope you are right.
49. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
Samsung is having a lot of costly media events during the year just to make sure those kind of news are published.
4. MarkArigayo (Posts: 240; Member since: 18 Dec 2013)
The heart rate sensor doesn't work. New version of CheatWiz also full of lags. Various variants is needed exteremely to pursue the despetated-hearted Samsung's die-hards. Lol.
13. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 438; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I'm getting tired of this 'Fanboys' war.
18. vincelongman (Posts: 952; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Unfortunately some people have nothing better to do
20. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2267; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Looks like you don't have much to do either since you're just hanging around here reading our "fanboyish" comments and saying it's sad.
28. AstronautJones (Posts: 240; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
Some times the toilet gets clogged with poo.
Somebody has to clean out the s**t.
Just because someone has to take the time to do so, doesn't mean they enjoy your crap
35. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2267; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Lol that's a completely different thing. This guy is here reading our posts because he wants to. Nobody tells him to come here and read our posts. Plus the fact that he calls us haters/fanboys just makes the situation worse (as you can see) so he didn't even intend to clean up anything.
51. joey_sfb (Posts: 2568; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Actually its ok for them to hate and be bitter. I only align myself with the best selling.
Try to pick up a Xiao mi but always out of stock! Maybe Xiao mi can use some of Samsung spare manufacturing capacity.
8. amitm619 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
They are going to make more of that ugly thing.. :/
10. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2267; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
"Galaxy S5 Neo, when the ugliest becomes uglier!"
38. Miracles (Posts: 462; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Galaxy Neo, The ugliest thing to happen to GALAXY SINCE GALAXY.
12. mayur007 (Posts: 360; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
samsung i am going hit u
i calling it samsunggetsfist
then i ll hit u little softer
i ll call it samsunggetsfist neo :P
15. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 2681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I think that neo is the new gimmick name instead of mini. Considering of the trademarking efforts of Neo name.
21. natelim (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Mar 2014)
now i really don't know... should i buy the galaxy S5 this time arround... because we also have rumors about the premium S5
before i had s2, s3 and now i am currently using s4 this is the 1st time i got confuse... now i am also planning to wait for Iphone 6
22. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2267; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Go for anything but the S5. If you have the S4 the S5 will be a big disappointment.
23. stijnvbrummelen (Posts: 11; Member since: 20 Dec 2013)
The price difference looks small. But it will maybe be bigger on a contract (S5 $200, S5 neo $100) when it will come to the US
24. pureviewuser (Posts: 112; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
If samsung allocate a model to each star in the galaxy were sure to r.un out of stars!!!
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 10125; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Welp Samsung will be releasing the usual 37 variants of it, so why not get started now with the s5 band-aid Neo. Keep the galaxy line limited, and exclusive Samsung, it's more prestigious that way.
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 10125; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
8889 this makes 8890 and counting. Almost as many posts as Samsung will have variants of the band-aid
44. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3882; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Galaxy S5 Snapdragon
Galaxy S5 Exynos
Galaxy S5 Neo
Galaxy S5 Mini
Galaxy S5 Zoom
Galaxy S5 64 bit Exynos
Galaxy S5 64 bit Snapdragon
Galaxy S5 Premium
Galaxy Note 4 Snapdragon
Galaxy Note 4 Exynos
Galaxy Note 4 Neo
There's Samsung's 2014 flagship line-up, everyone.
55. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
S5 64 bit Compact
S5 Premium Compact.........
30. newbey123 (Posts: 380; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
Dear god, please not another cheap looking, laggy, Samsung product. Guess if you put enough crap out there people will be stupid enough to think it's good and buy it
32. sip1995 (Posts: 662; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
Oh....just another SAMEsung phone, nothing special.
33. AfterShock (Posts: 2147; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Choice/selection is king.
(This only applies if the choices to choose from are actually different)
39. gallitoking (Posts: 4682; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I think the Note series will be the new flagship
47. darkkjedii (Posts: 10125; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think it already is GK. The S series is now the setup man for Note series, which is the closer. What can I say bro, It's baseball season lol.
40. Lampriya (Posts: 207; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
so what is samsung next plan? galaxy s5 neo pro? This crappy company knows well how to fool their fans. .....
42. mmmanuuu (Posts: 206; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
I am waiting for the S5 CORE ADVANCE NEO PLUS PRIME !!!!
Touch to expand to tablet.
Bullet proof and RESISTANT TO FIRE ! Hell yea!!!
Elastic display tech which once expanded it will become a 104" 4k tv
7.1 auro surround sound
3d rear and and 4k camera front camera
15000 mah battery with built in ups for battery recharging
Absolutely bezel free
Thumb, retina and x-ray scanner
Air cooling feature to reduce the heat built up
128 bit processor and os
Choice of 6 os - android, windows phone, ios, tizen, firefox and ubuntu.
Ultra thin - 5 mm
Ability to transform into a batmobile
And above all it can detect sarcasm !!!!
48. darkkjedii (Posts: 10125; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Cool, but instead of the Bat mobile, can it change into Alicia Keys?