Could this comic by a Google employee confirm that the next Android will be Key Lime Pie?
0. phoneArena 03 Dec 2012, 09:29 posted on
After Android 4.1 Jelly Bean we were all looking forward to seeing the next version of Android, and all expected it to be called Key Lime Pie…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. santy (Posts: 59; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Ohh yes !!! Bring it on Google ! Probably next one can be android eating apple !!! he he he
15. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
YoY it's a different story than your's recent version :)
24. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Mxyzptlk(what a weird name) when will you go from here...?????????????????
30. tedkord (Posts: 6798; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Really? Seventy percent market share to less than twenty five percent? What exactly ate those stats telling you, and what language are they speaking?
48. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Dude, yo time line is so accurate u can spank me and my sister anywhere u want, as hard as u can
That's how much of a good comic I think urs is
42. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
that would be awesome ANDROID EATING APPLES. next one should be called APPLE version 6.0
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
That just breaks the naming tradition!!
But i got your joke...not that funny though!
14. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5973; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Laughing at your own joke is a sign that it's not funny
49. maguro (Posts: 10; Member since: 22 Jun 2012)
What is in name? android can beat apple by any name..
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think it will be Android 5.0, this will be unification of Android and Chrome OS. Android will expand to low end PC powered by 8-core CPUs.
44. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And that's what I'm waiting and hoping for I skipped 2012 ICS phones and waiting for 5.0 keylime
5. voxmarc (Posts: 322; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Sweets,sweets in the near future,,, Android Diabetes 20.1.3
6. -box- (Posts: 3960; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Honeycomb should have had Andy falling down but getting back up with ICS. Such a disappointment, even if it was the basis for the later versions.
8. Cesar (Posts: 137; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Android should eat more apple to get healthy! xD
10. Valdomero (Posts: 127; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
I'm wondering how they're gonna call the next flavour, Lattice Topped Blueberry Pie or
Love Beats Bread Toast or Linzer Cookie or Lychee Ice-cream perhaps?
Linzer Cookie sound good to me, and they taste gooood.
They shouldn't put the word "Lemon" again.
12. Aeires (unregistered)
32. tedkord (Posts: 6798; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Licorice. Lemon meringue. Lollipop. All kinds of options.
11. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
So many OSs Google will run out soon of dessert names, sweet home FRAGMENTATION...........!!!!
33. tedkord (Posts: 6798; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Its OK. Android absolutely destroying iOS in customer choice doesn't invalidate your choice. Think of yourself as a maverick, who has to be different just for the sake of it. Like Björk. No need to be so angered about it. And hey, maybe ina few more iterations, iOS will have all the features that ICS had.
50. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
CRAPDROID destroying IOS haaa, is like Fandroids predictions of Apple sales going down when Ipad Mini sold out everywhere, Ipad and Iphone selling by millions so where is Android crushing IOS......??? BTW you can't tell me anything about Android cuz I tried and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Lags, Freezes, Crashes, updates take forever so any Fandroid who says this is not true is living on total denial, the only one positive of Android is the open source and that's it, even with quadcores procesor and twice the power...the Iphone 5 beat the best Android available Google haven't solved their FRAGMENTED ecosystem there's too many hands baking the cake and is a mess that's the reality like it or not.....!!!!!!
46. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
And Ios have the same boring grid no customization just a extra ROW (WOW) so excited (SARCASM) NOT. and it doesn't have widgets
16. jibraihimi (Posts: 712; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Why first version of android was called 'cup cake'.........???? According to alphabetical order shouldn't it be something starting with 'A'.....??? Like 'Apple' for android 1.0 and 'Blackberry' for next version...........
17. jsoliz1985 (Posts: 23; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
alpha and beta were the first versions names. standard naming scheme for software development. Cupcake was the first version ready for release.
38. andynaija (Posts: 614; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
It's Android beta then 1.0, 1.1 THEN 1.5 (cupcake)
18. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Next move for Google hire a pastry cheff for the upcoming software names.....!!!!
39. joey_sfb (Posts: 4087; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Well, google can do whatever they please. They may even drop android and call it some thing else....
Most people that use android now is because they are the most stable and feature rich mobile OS if some thing better pop out we are free to choose that. Apple fan limits their own choices by their inability to choose non-apple brand. Apple is very good at a business practise called 'lock in'. I have used apple product, MacOS and iOS, they were good but android has overtake them and i am happy with android for now.
51. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Android stable.....???? Jajaja that's funny, most people that use Android either Hate Apple or want something cheapper, There are like a 100 manufactures for Android with a bunch of models vs one who's Apple and market availability so do the math......!!!!!
20. ncv144 (Posts: 126; Member since: 04 May 2012)
it should be kiwi smoothie not key lime pie (KLP is too confusing)
21. Rayvelynn (Posts: 124; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
There's so many names they could name
Chocalate Chip Cookie
Jello Shot- lol
etc. So many possibilities.... Ok who's getting hungry now? lol
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5682; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD it has to begin with the letter "K"
35. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
You can really tell from the people who used Android and those that have not.
A true Android user knows each desert used throughout the years.
22. frustyak (Posts: 181; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Too many sweets. The next one should be Knish :-)
26. kingjr243 (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
Can I get jellybean before they do another update. Hell my bionic just got ice scream sandwich.
28. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I am still waiting for google map to be able to download any country map for offline use just like nokia map did ages ago.
34. tedkord (Posts: 6798; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Is like that too. But it may be a licensing issue with mapping companies.
29. KennyWRX (unregistered)
A real email client based on Sparrow, which they purchased not too long ago.
36. moronman66 (Posts: 160; Member since: 09 Jan 2012)
Geez, people bicker on here a lot... And I would like to see a customization center in stock android, with skins and downloadable UIs, from the Play Store. You know, take one from cyanogenmod's book? Just an idea that was a rumor for 4.2 that I liked
37. andynaija (Posts: 614; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
In the beginning why are they hunched over like they're in old age or something? Looks weird :/
40. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Maybe when they get to 'Z' and then start again with the A's, the new one will be APPLE PIE-A-LA MODE.
41. phil2n (Posts: 486; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
next to key lime pie is Lollipop or Lady fingers ..
Lady fingers sounds nice
43. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
why is google so eager bringing a new version? most phones are still in GB or ICS, JB is not yet that global!
im really dissapointed that my phone wont get JB...
why dont they just update the bugs than bringing something new?
47. phil2n (Posts: 486; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
You must study "Product Production and Planning".
by that time you will know the answers of your question.
52. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
apple is version 1.0 of android....
53. panda123 (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Google should, from now onwards make two editions of every android version, like Android KLP and KLP Lite... The Lite version would be stripped off some of the useless perks like animations and whatnot to power low-end phones allowing them to run more smoothly.