Could this be a new Google Nexus 7 tablet?
0. phoneArena 21 May 2013, 03:15 posted on
Many of you were probably expecting to hear about a new version of the Google Nexus 7 during the Google I/O developer conference - a new model with upgraded hardware sold at the same low price. So were we, but to our disappointment, no such tablet was present at the event. However, did the next Nexus 7 quietly appear during one of the presentations made at Google I/O? Well, let's take out the magnifying glass and inspect the evidence...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2124; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Still too much bezel, I'm saying this with $200 in my hand, someone from Google take this and ship my FHD N7!
2. omarr (banned) (Posts: 149; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
WTF IS APPLE'S MACBOOK DOING IN GOOGLE I/O
3. quadrazeus (Posts: 359; Member since: 03 May 2013)
You expect those engineers to work on ChromeBook? lol
30. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I expect someone to slap a chrome sticker over the apple logo.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2124; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Google services are not exclusive to Android.
Sent from my Chrome desktop browser.
5. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Because chromebooks are not good enough to get the real work done.
They need Macbooks or Windows PC's.
8. _Bone_ (Posts: 2124; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Did the 'Chrome' in the Chromebook gave away the clue that it isn't intended for professional work but browsing and cloud services?
10. pellegrini (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Jun 2012)
What is the problem? Are you too much fan of android that you need to hate everything that apple does?
Yes, macbook pro is one of the best notebook available, and you would fall from your chair after realise that a lot of googlers own one these or a macbook air.
Don't take this Android x iOS as your religion man.
PS: Android is much better than iOS! lol
6. funnyguy (Posts: 234; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
Who cares ....?
The iPad mini will be Too Much for every brand out there....
7 inch is not good enough, especially when you have soft keys to take some screen real estate...
11. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
You do care, if you don't then why you clicked on this article?
12. funnyguy (Posts: 234; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
How am I gonna point out how crap the nexus 7 is, if I don't click this article?
There is no other way...
By the way I have noticed that the xperia z has a horrible camera, very bad battery life and it laggs like crazy, why do you think this is happening?
Since you are the xperia specialist...
17. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
But you said "who cares ....?" will piss many people off including me, and 7 inch tablet is already enough for many people, because it's easy to hold and use.
The Xperia Z has an okay camera, and Sony released a software update to improve the camera quality, so the camera is not horrible at all, battery life is average, and yes, sometimes it lags when playing games like Dead Trigger and Asphalt 7.
So, I think that the lag is because of the software problem.....I think.
By the way, I'm not a Xperia specialist. :)
20. funnyguy (Posts: 234; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
When will infinity blade and walking dead be released for xperia z?
21. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ask the developers, not me. When Google Play gets it, Android smartphones will get it.
24. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Its funny how eager you are to point out what crap it is.....when we know nothing about the design, hardware, or software...really anything about it yet. Other than it will be made by Asus (which makes AMAZING computers and tablets).
Go Away Troll, its clear that a rotten Apple logo is how you decide weather a tablets good or bad.
25. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
If this logic were correct, I'd be using a 15 inch tablet. I'm not, and few others are.
7 inches is pocketable. 8 inches may as well be 10 in terms of storage.
7. pgking (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
Unfortunately for us, and fortunately for Apple, this does not appear to be the new nexus 7, just a small low res image which can be found in the 3 boxes marked 'choose another nexus' on the current Nexus 7 page on the Google Play website. I too am itching to see evidence of Google's replacement for the 7, but i guess we are all gonna have to be patient & wait for Google to give us the real deal announcement.
9. pgking (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
btw, funnyguy, we care. If you don't, why are you following the article & commenting, troll??
13. funnyguy (Posts: 234; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
I might be a troll but you are a fanboy...
Troll > Fanboys
28. pgking (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
You know nothing about me, if you did, you would know that I appreciate all quality technology, whether it be Android, Apple, or any other platform/manufacturer. To write off any particular technology based on which brand it is, would be sheer ignorance, however, slating a piece of hardware before it is even announced, well that's just ridiculous. You are ridiculous. I would suggest saving the energy you are bound to expend replying to this with some 'funnyguy' witticism, and get back to jackin' it over the SJ pics on your iPhone, you will definitely achieve more satisfaction that way, troll.
18. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Troll = Trolls = Troll = TROLL™ :)
27. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No no no, don't be silly billy you...
19. santy (Posts: 45; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
Only concern that some people have with N7 is the huge bezel . It has such huge bezel that , i am sure google can make it 8.5-9" tablet with the same overall physical dimensions.
22. WirelessCon (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 May 2010)
That would be awesome. The Nexus 7 is a great size, but a larger screen in the same frame would be a huge improvement. Nexus 8? I'm game with stereo speakers and small bezels.
29. pgking (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Dec 2012)
That would be excellent, its what I'm hoping for cos the size of the current model is pretty much ideal, but more screen space is always a bonus. Nexus 8 sounds good to me too!
26. Zero0 (Posts: 583; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Too be honest, the bezel is fine with me. It gives me just enough room to actually see the screen while holding the tablet one-handed.
If you want a big bezel, look no further than the Kindle Fire HD line.
23. selena1000 (Posts: 83; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
that looks like nexus 7 with changed wallpaper :-(