Could the Samsung Galaxy Note III have 3GB of RAM?
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 15:14 posted on
Earlier today, we heard that the LG Optimus G2 could be the first mobile device on the market with 3GB of RAM, but now we may have a race on our hands. A new rumor is saying that the Samsung Galaxy Note III could also feature 3GB of RAM, so it's really a matter of which gets to claim the title of "first!"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
44. pkiran1996 (Posts: 166; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Or we could wait until its release before hating on it before it even exists...
15. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
64 mb? are you mad? it is not pc or gaming laptop.
8mb is enough for this.
25. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
8mb is overkill, I think it at max only needs 8096KB of ram
31. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
That's probably my sweet spot right there. It will allow a nicely laggy experience contrary to the normally stutterless Android experience.
36. akki20892 (Posts: 3895; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
what do u think 8mb is enough no dude.
1byte is enough it's give u damn good fluid experience.
3. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1028; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
that will make the Note III more relevant because it would be a first to have that much RAM in a cellphone. im starting to think that the tablet industry could be affected by the size and internal specs of a cellphone
6. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No.. Optimus G would be the first phone to carry 3gigs of ram. Samsung isn't first in bringing something new everytime.
16. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1028; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
well i stand corrected, my bad lol. but it would depend on who will debut their phone first
17. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Optimus G2 will be out in August while Note 3 will be announce in IFA in September.
4. iamfoolhehe (Posts: 28; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Hehe note 3 is mighty mighty beast ..proven before release :P
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3103; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
It also needs to include a 32GB of internal memory and a 64GB verison also available.
27. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 177; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
i say they only have 32GB model (dont even sell the 16GB) then have a SD card for more space...
28. Larry_ThaGr81 (Posts: 433; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Finally, somebody talking about something that is relevant to today's demands.
33. Schmao (Posts: 302; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
They should also include those batteries that they have been secretly engineering. You know, the ones that last over a week. And a screen that has the sexiness of the AMOLED but the brightness range and viewable angles of LCD's.
7. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I'd be happy if it didn't look like every 2012 and 2013 Samsung smartphone.
The Note series is awesome but having a phone that is visually distinctive is as important as it being powerful.
45. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Because I buy my phones unlocked and would rather my $600+ dollar phone look different than a person who paid $150 for theirs. Same thing with a car, don't want a Mercedes to look like a Chevy.
8. Mkondrak (unregistered)
lol, my computer only has 2gb of ram
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
-5.9" flexible screen
37. daddysbeenabadgirl (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
Yup, all the sheep wish they could have the freedom of chosing a bigger better phone instead of being told what they need.
10. Rogerlebo (Posts: 22; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
- 150 mbps LTE
- 802.11ac for wifi
12. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Rest assured if the Galaxy S4 has LTE Advanced and 5G Wifi, the note 3 most certainly will. Somehow I think the Snapdragon 800 won't be enough to differentiate the Note 3 from the other phablets and super sized phones like the G2 when all flagships will be clocked at 2.3 ghz, throw in an Intel Baytrail with 4GB of RAM then we're talking. Knowing Samsung i'd be very surprised if there isn't more than two versions of the Note 3 already in the works, a snapdragon 800 with a smaller screen @ 5.7-6 inches and an Exynos Octa for a larger sized variant @ 6.3 inches with 3GB of ram
18. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
This is possibly my phone of 2013 :D Hopefully they make the design better though...
20. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Don't see anything wrong with a hypothetical design based off the S4 (although I'd change the material to carbon fibre), I personally find the Sony and htc's very boring to look at by comparison after seeing them in person on more than 15 occasions.
23. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Maybe it's because you have been looking at it for too long XD
Using Carbon fibre would be nice, but I don't think Samsung will change drastically.
I don't mind the phone being plastic, but they can surely improve the design.
30. synthetic_llama (Posts: 26; Member since: 06 Jan 2013)
I wonder if they will change the design.... With the galaxy s1 and s2 were similar. 3 and 4 are similar. s5 will be different for sure based on the trend. I wonder if they will keep that trend for the note series if so then it should be a new design.
32. alltechinside (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
But Note series is looking similar to the galaxy s series (Note vs Galaxy s2, Note 2 vs Galaxy S3), I won't be surprised to see the same design (Galaxy S4) though. But a man can dream :D
21. Caukerzee (Posts: 36; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
No...i'll wait till they release a phablet or phone that runs on a 5gb Ram.
22. Caukerzee (Posts: 36; Member since: 02 Jul 2013)
And internal memory of atleast 1tetrabyte.
24. SprintGuy26 (Posts: 177; Member since: 21 Mar 2011)
i thought they already said that the note 2 will have 3GB of RAM then they change it to 2GB now they are saying 3GB, which one is it?!?!
26. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Damn 3gigs of ram. This is going too be a sweet phone.
40. Mrmark (Posts: 262; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
In going for 5.7 rumor. Personally preference.
41. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Anything beyond 2GB would be dangerously approach the 32-bit virtual space addressing limit. Given that current ARM chips are capped at physical addresses ranging from 2.5-3.5GB and that the hardware too needs some dedicated memory the usable amount would likely sit in the range of 2.5GB. Android doesn't need more than 2GB anyways.
43. lifebeyondearth (Posts: 25; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
HARDLY UNLIKELY, phones with 2GB RAMs are still waited to be seen in other parts of the world!