Could Oracle's lawsuit be sunk by bad paperwork?
0. phoneArena 26 Apr 2012, 12:44 posted on
Google brought evidence today that oracle may not have properly registered their Java copyrights. Even more damaging, another flub may mean Oracle won't be able to assert copyright on individual APIs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tluv00 (Posts: 134; Member since: 18 Oct 2007)
If they are still working someone at Oracle is about to get fired.
2. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Android is becoming a source of Income right from an individual to big tech giants. Oracle is not an exception for that.
3. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Should have taken the lump sum from Google , now they are about to leave with nothing.
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yup-per. As I posted in an earlier article, time for Oracle (and Larry) to wave buh-bye to the Android ship as it pulls away from the Oracle dock.
4. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
In my opinion Google took Java and implemented it into their OS not stole it entirely. Oracle's claims are stupidity to an extreme.
7. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Oracle has dug themselves into a hole. This case is now done and dusted, as it should have been from the get go.
8. jbash (Posts: 342; Member since: 07 Feb 2011)
As if to prove that when it rains it really does poor. correct spelling is pour.
9. casbah70 (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 Jun 2011)
correct spelling is 'pour' but 'poor' seems an accurate description of Oracle's direction.
10. master0fursinz (Posts: 104; Member since: 26 Apr 2010)
maybe the guy who was in charge of this matter got wind of a pink slip and got lazy for the rest of his time there and left it all up to fate, and as fate would have it oracle is getting bad karma for letting go an employee that might have been working for them for a long time.
11. Devon (Posts: 11; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Hey Florian! You reading this? Where's your phoenix from the ashes now? Where's the 6 Billion guaranteed for Oracle your Boss?
12. jroc74 (Posts: 5640; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
If this really is the case....seeing as how much money they wanted ....you would think someone would have crossed the T's and dotted the I's a lil more carefully...
13. roscuthiii (Posts: 1949; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Hmm... bad paperwork or faulty premise? Both?