Could Oracle's lawsuit be sunk by bad paperwork?
0. phoneArena posted on 26 Apr 2012, 12:44
Google brought evidence today that oracle may not have properly registered their Java copyrights. Even more damaging, another flub may mean Oracle won't be able to assert copyright on individual APIs...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tluv00 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 12:50 5 0
If they are still working someone at Oracle is about to get fired.
2. windowsRocks posted on 26 Apr 2012, 13:01 2 0
Android is becoming a source of Income right from an individual to big tech giants. Oracle is not an exception for that.
3. theBankRobber posted on 26 Apr 2012, 13:10 5 0
Should have taken the lump sum from Google , now they are about to leave with nothing.
5. Droid_X_Doug posted on 26 Apr 2012, 13:38 7 0
Yup-per. As I posted in an earlier article, time for Oracle (and Larry) to wave buh-bye to the Android ship as it pulls away from the Oracle dock.
4. kshell1 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 13:15 8 0
In my opinion Google took Java and implemented it into their OS not stole it entirely. Oracle's claims are stupidity to an extreme.
7. PackMan posted on 26 Apr 2012, 14:14 4 0
Oracle has dug themselves into a hole. This case is now done and dusted, as it should have been from the get go.
8. jbash posted on 26 Apr 2012, 14:37 4 0
As if to prove that when it rains it really does poor. correct spelling is pour.
9. casbah70 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 15:11 5 0
correct spelling is 'pour' but 'poor' seems an accurate description of Oracle's direction.
10. master0fursinz posted on 26 Apr 2012, 18:56 0 0
maybe the guy who was in charge of this matter got wind of a pink slip and got lazy for the rest of his time there and left it all up to fate, and as fate would have it oracle is getting bad karma for letting go an employee that might have been working for them for a long time.
11. Devon posted on 26 Apr 2012, 19:16 2 0
Hey Florian! You reading this? Where's your phoenix from the ashes now? Where's the 6 Billion guaranteed for Oracle your Boss?
12. jroc74 posted on 26 Apr 2012, 19:52 1 0
If this really is the case....seeing as how much money they wanted ....you would think someone would have crossed the T's and dotted the I's a lil more carefully...