Could Google release an 8.9-inch Nexus tablet this year?
0. phoneArena 17 Mar 2014, 06:46 posted on
In the two years since it introduced its first Nexus tablet, Google has stuck with the 7-inch form factor, but this year we might be in for a change…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ScottSchneider (Posts: 334; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
True.. As the gap between Tablet and Phablet is narrowing.. It is time OEMs ditch the 7" and jump ship to 8" or higher... They could still stick to the size of the N7 and increase the screen size to 8" reducing the bezels... the tab in pic is lovely though... >_0
6. Lauticol (Posts: 338; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
That's the best idea! Bring it on, Google!
2. timukh (Posts: 294; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Not a fan of touchwiz but i like the multi window feature. I wish google brings it to the next version of android. Could really use the bigger screens for better multitasking then.
4. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
That's very likely especially when Google and Samsung inked a deal to share intellectual property
5. imkyle (Posts: 1073; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
8.3 like the G Pad is a perfect size for me, but with every new device, price is the most important deciding factor. $299 max would do it for a lot of people. Anything more and some may look at the Samsung Pro line and skip this.
7. Totse2k15 (Posts: 458; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
I want this baby now! Nice design and nice screen-to-bezel ratio. Wish it was 8.3-8.4" though.
^ Yes, $299 max would be the sweet price spot. Over $350 and I may pass.
8. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
They could fit an 8.9 inch screen on a tablet the size of a Nexus 7 if that got rid of all that ugly bezel.
9. YAMMERER (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Mar 2014)
All I need to know about this was answered when I did Ctrl+F for the word; External SD=big fat ZERO, which is where anything that doesn't allow external storage expansion rates.
Quit trying to push us into the cloud, it's NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN.