Cortana has lots to say about Clippy, Steve Ballmer, Bill Gates, and Satya Nadella
1. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3981; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
lol If Cortana was a real woman... man she could definitely do lots for me. lol
19. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 852; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I don't know if that's creepy or sad lol
2. clevername (Posts: 1428; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
She won't tell you of she likes the chief but if you ask where he is she says thats classified. She also has interesting things to say about Siri, google now, and android (she thinks its a cool name). She also gets a little philosophical when you ask what she is (may need to ask twice) and her answers for where she is and who created her are interesting.
3. akki20892 (Posts: 3415; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
MS should update that circle and put her face instead.
7. ZeroCide (Posts: 687; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Never know WP9 or WP9.5 might. I'm sure they might do something different when She is put into WINDOWS.
13. tech2 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
I think that would conflict with their whole flat and simple UI approach.
Moreover, giving a facial attribute for a universal product is almost an impossible task. A face that appeals to asians, africans, westerners and is equally loved by both genders is difficult to come up with.
21. elitewolverine (Posts: 1524; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Cortana from the game already has that appeal imo
4. NokiaFTW (Posts: 1979; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Cortana rocks! Waiting for the 8.1 update. :)
6. papss (unregistered)
Did you get the developer copy? Its pretty awesome
5. corporateJP (Posts: 1555; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Ask her what she thinks about Stephen Elop...
Hope she says something nice, because I wouldn't...
11. Dastrix (Posts: 587; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
On a side note, WP wouldnt be where it is now if it werent for Elop, or in other words, without Nokias support. Much respect to the guy.
12. Johnnokia (Posts: 510; Member since: 27 May 2012)
Much respect to the bastard who destroyed the smartphone legend and sell it as a scrap to microbitch
15. Dastrix (Posts: 587; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Seriously guys, Im a Nokia fan too, and I think moving to WP was the best option. At least WP is gaining momentum and Nokia can claim the top spot. M$ license agreement ends in 2016, so if you think long term, it wasnt a bad idea at all.
22. elitewolverine (Posts: 1524; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Yes ruined a company that had less than 1% of smartphone share. Android was already being dominated by Samsung and HTC. They had little cash from their Symbian fail. Yes he ruined Nokia. Nokia did that on their own.
14. shuaibhere (Posts: 1373; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Hate that guy as former nokia fan..
He ruined the company...
8. baldevil80 (Posts: 1; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
If you ask if she loves master chief she will say it's complicated and personal.
9. rodex (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I installed 8.1 but in the notification settings, I don't see all the apps. This isn't very promising to see that I can't view all the installed apps to alter the notifications settings. They get added when I get an actual toast notification from that specific app. so until then I gotta just wait... this is nuts!!!!
if I am missing something, help please!!!!
10. papss (unregistered)
If its not in the list its only because the developer hasn't made it 8.1 compatible. From what I read they are all working to update their apps.
17. rodex (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
yeah that makes sense, but let's say I get a toast notification from whatsapp, that's when I start seeing this app under notification settings.. so apparently it recognizes only after there is a notification? strange, but this hopefully is just a developer preview beta edition thing. This definitely should be polished...
23. elitewolverine (Posts: 1524; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
what? of course you they will be one in the same, it is not after you get a toast, it is during. I have whats app and the toast covers up the notification bar.
You want notification before toast? They are technically the same thing. The notification is for people who miss the toast.
Droid does it no differently. Unless I am missing something completely
24. rodex (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yea, you are missing the point. I am saying the app only shows up under the "notifications+actions" inside "settings" for further configuration after the first toast of the app.. You are thinking about that toast showing up as a notification under the action center (swipe down)
16. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
You would be better off sticking to WPCentral... If you want real help.. That's the best way to get the most out of your device, and useful, and constructive help...
18. rodex (Posts: 22; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah, that's where I posted first.. no response there, so I came here. Thanks bud!.
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Right.... I have T keep telling myself that this is just a preview.. Some things aren't finished product.. For example, the crazy terrible XBM app... But, a new app is supposed to be coming when W8.1 is officially released... I have to keep telling myself that I installed practically beta software on my 1520... The kinks will get ironed out.