Cortana grammar library pulled from the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK
1. m_sam7 (Posts: 5; Member since: 17 Jan 2014)
..my goodness !! They just re-invented this in a new way :o ..i like that instead :)..#bing_it
2. muser793 (Posts: 46; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
This is fuc**n amazing :O how the hell?! :O i need this update, now :O
3. Penny (Posts: 1267; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I especially like the reminders. "Remind me to pick ______ next time at the grocery store?" The implication with this statement is that the device pays attentions to your habits and things like where you shop, and then can contextually determine when you're back the grocery store without you having to create a geo-fence. It would be pretty awesome if it worked like this.
11. Snoobab (Posts: 174; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
awesome! as long as it didn't share that data with the nsa :)
4. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Awesome, i need this asap, i don't mind the bugs just give it to me !
5. iLegend (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
This is good update for WP but Siri had these features three years ago when first it came with iPhone 4S..!!
6. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, but the problem is that Siri came out on a iPhone, and it's call Siri ;-)
8. iLegend (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Jun 2013)
I was just waiting for you to comment..!! ;)
9. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yep.. You know if you troll on a WP related article I'm gonna seek you out...... Well, as long as it's all fun and games.. Some of these trolls are just pathetic, and I ignore them,,,,,, but you're special, my dear..
7. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Wow! Cortana is much more advanced than, say, Siri!!!!!!!
12. Penny (Posts: 1267; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I hope it is, and it certainly should be considering how much time Microsoft spent on developing it. They did also say that they were waiting to make something revolutionary, not evolutionary, so it must at least somewhat live up to those standards.
10. LuckyS (Posts: 98; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Google Now is light years ahead, but wp, keep trying.
13. Penny (Posts: 1267; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Not really. I use Google Now and while it is very good (especially on a Moto X), I'm not sure it will be as good as what Cortana is shaping up to be.
19. LuckyS (Posts: 98; Member since: 07 Dec 2013)
Oh, really? Will Cortana be able to turn on/off hardware, turn on/off my pc, open garage/apartmet door, turn on/off house lights?
Not for a power users.
18. Dastrix (Posts: 620; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Oh don't worry! Given Halo's reputation and popularity, I doubt that M$ would release something that's subpar to Google's offerings. Not that Google's offerings were "light years ahead" in any way.
14. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
as an experiment can phone arena tries these commands on both google now and siri ? the result might be interesting.
16. lalalaman (Posts: 388; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Yup...PA should do a comparison between google now, siri and cortana when it is released....
17. linaresx (Posts: 86; Member since: 13 Jun 2013)
Have they found a cure for Rampancy yet or am I going to have to say goobye after 7 years? My heart just can't take that.