Cortana Developer Preview comes to the U.K. for Windows Phone 8.1 in less than two weeks
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2014, 13:27 posted on
A tweet sent by Cortana's program manager, Marcus Ash, reveals that inside of two weeks, a developer preview for Cortana will be available. Keep in mind that the only Windows Phone 8.1 users in the U.K. that will be able to see and use Cortana, will be those who registered as developers with Microsoft. For the rest of you, the personal assistant will be unavailable, unless a hack is devised, of course...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. rihel_95 (Posts: 301; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
after uk, cortana is xpected in china. hope india is left out becoz huge market
2. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
According to my personal experience, Cortana pretty much works great. Comparable to Google Now and Siri. Though I only use it for the occasional setting up of calendar invites and looking up trivial stuff.
3. lyndon420 (Posts: 3987; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'm hoping ms will bring Cortana over to Android...I'd pay for it even.
5. sip1995 (Posts: 1564; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
What ? That's weird....you always blame Microsoft, but now you want Cortana to come on the android.
6. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I don't like the company, just like Apples business infrastructure.
I like Wp and IOs, but if only if it was open source and had all the features of Android.
Once you use Android and it's totall openness, it's hard reverting back to closed restricted platform.
No Customer Roms
No way to overclock Cpu, Gpu, Ram, Nand-drive, voltage settings, command script, VM-Heap, and so many others, which Apple and Microsoft, will never let you modify or gain access to inner roots.
7. sip1995 (Posts: 1564; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
If you have a PC, what OS are you using on it ?
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What about you...Sip?
What phone do you have and had?
9. sip1995 (Posts: 1564; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
About phones, you can check my full profile.
11. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
"Once you use Android and it's totall openness, it's hard reverting back to closed restricted platform."
Well said. Android is the only mobile platform that is largely open.
I was using a friend's iPad and trying to browse the web with Safari and was shocked by all the ads. Life is too short to have to deal with that sort of crap every day like the dumb iZombies do.
12. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
yeah more like "Android is the only mobile platform that is largely open" to Malware, viruses and complete laginess!