Corning announces Gorilla Glass 3
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:09
The major manufacturers update their flagship devices every year, and parts makers are no different. Processors get updated, displays, and even the glass that covers the display. CES looks like the time when Corning is planning to let everyone know each year why you should be excited about the new Gorilla Glass. Last year, Corning unveiled Gorilla Glass 2 at CES, and this year it's time for Gorilla Glass 3...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. cheetah2k posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:32 9 1
GG2 was still very soft but with added flexural strength. I also found it very soft and easily scratched.
Maybe GG3 will be 3rd time lucky?
16. Firedrops posted on 03 Jan 2013, 22:10 2 0
my GG2 device seemed to be a lot easier to scratch than my GG1 too. ):
2. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:21 14 0
I wish they would also work on making the glass less reflective and more resistant to fingerprints.
8. jroc74 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:46 0 0
I think that also has to do with some things specific manufactures do or different types of LCD and Amoled screens. The Rezound was so reflective is was like looking in a mirror. My RAZR amd Maxx HD werent as reflective. My Droid X1 wasnt as reflective, Droid 1 too.
I think HTC tried something different. It didnt work IMO.
12. cretinick posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:55 0 0
The Sony Xperia Z (Yuga) and ZL (Odin) suposed to use The Asahi Dragontrail in the front and the back. But we only know for sure next week (I hope!)
5. lonewolf2873 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:48 0 0
I have had zero problems with rev. 1 or 2 honestly. I've sat on my phone several times, most times I've just left in pocket until I get up. I've dropped it half a dozen times, though it has shell around corners. I carry half the time in pocket with keys and change. No scratches or nicks anywhere. Shiny as day 1 and without any screen protection.
6. lonewolf2873 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:50 0 0
I'm happy to see improvements to an already unflawed product.
Flexible display 2014 sounds good to me.
13. cretinick posted on 03 Jan 2013, 19:03 0 0
Probably we only have something consistent in october or november. It seems to be a Motorola Nexus.
If it isn't a Nexus, i think it will be released between June and August.
9. thelegend6657 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:47 0 1
But somesong is already planning to use bendy screen on their next flagship according to an article i read on phonearena
11. bluescreen posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:52 0 0
if ur talking about the s4 which is their next flagship phone due out then no their not
10. bluescreen posted on 03 Jan 2013, 18:51 0 0
if it doesnt help when u drop it on the ground then what good is it really?
15. bluescreen posted on 03 Jan 2013, 19:06 0 0
not sure but i read an article on here stating that sammy doesnt have it fine tuned enough just yet for mass production and they even confirmed that it wouldnt be in the s4
17. Rexperia posted on 03 Jan 2013, 22:54 0 0
my xperia p doesn't use this GG but still good enough..