Corning Gorilla Glass is now on more than a billion devices
0. phoneArena 25 Oct 2012, 03:43 posted on
Gorilla Glass now seems like a must-have technology in smartphones and tablets, but some five years ago it wasn’t like this…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. melvineus (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Oyeah? with just one drop of my htc onex the glass is easily broken, very fragile
6. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
So this Willow Glass will allow flexible amoled screens to have willow glass as a protective coat.
3. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3584; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I wonder what an Elephant glass could do!!!
4. sgogeta4 (Posts: 394; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
What's funny is that Corning actually has a joint venture with Samsung before Apple came into the picture. Also, Gorilla Glass is only one product line in Corning (that is over 50 years old).
5. pliskin1 (Posts: 59; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Willow glass sounds awesome, not just for curved surfaces but on the phones. It's the impact that kills the glass in our screens, if it is allowed to flex a bit, it will be less prone to breaking.