Cool images, taken with your cell phone #39
So, which picture did you like most last time? Actually, there were two pics which share the first place. And the winner is Mike's photo, taken with the Motorola DROID X. Congratulations!
Of course, there are many other incredible images left to be seen. Let's continue with another set of 15 pics, each of which can easily convince even the most professionally-inclined photographer that cell phones are more than a toy in the camera department.
Please note that if your own awesome image is not included here, this doesn't mean that it won't end up on the site. We simply might not have gotten to it yet! So, we urge you to continue following us, as we'll be publishing more of these truly great photos in the following days and weeks.
We'd also like to remind you that you can continue submitting your cool cell phone pics to the following email address:
In order to not miss on all the glory, you also have to mention your name/nickname, as well as the phone you used to take the shots. A nice additional piece of info would be a name or a short description for the image.
With that, we now leave you with our 39th set of favorite photos...
1. Antwan H. - Apple iPhone 4
2. Clive Cardoz - Motorola DEFY
3. Clive Cardoz - Motorola DEFY
4. Dimitris Spyropoulos - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10
5. Edwin Adrianta - Nokia N8
6. Edwin Adrianta - Nokia N8
7. Hunter Bracy - HTC Merge
8. Jordan Purba - Huawei Ideos X5
9. Joseph Kutchukov - Apple iPhone 4S
10. Mevlan Batusha - Samsung Galaxy 551
11. Mr. Marshall - Samsung Galaxy S II
12. Phelan Xiong - Nokia N8
13. Pratyay Das Sarma - Samsung Galaxy Ace
14. Rahulcena5565 - Apple iPhone 4S
15. Yan Hui - Apple iPhone 4S
- Which photo do you like most?
8 votes (8 votes) 1
5 votes (5 votes) 2
181 votes (181 votes) 3
21 votes (21 votes) 4
19 votes (19 votes) 5
108 votes (108 votes) 6
8 votes (8 votes) 7
5 votes (5 votes) 8
20 votes (20 votes) 9
6 votes (6 votes) 10
44 votes (44 votes) 11
66 votes (66 votes) 12
2 votes (2 votes) 13
1 votes (1 votes) 14
59 votes (59 votes) 15
2. and1one (Posts: 4; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
All Nokia N8 shots are unbelievable! Then the top one is from an iPhone 4S? Thats also unbelievable too!
3. DonkeySauce (Posts: 159; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Close ups of flowers and water droplets are WAAYY overdone. Try something new...
4. jcoberg10 (Posts: 110; Member since: 30 Oct 2009)
i agree i've seen the water and flowers done to death. try something new... like the bugs. 6 is really good with the reflection, but these are the first bug shots i've seen 7 & 11, I liked 7 a little better.
9. Rockimaru (Posts: 29; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Number 12 was my shot. and i do agree with you about flowers and water droplets being over done. i had second thoughts about submiting my photo cuz i've seen too many myself, but i decided to do it cuz i want to show the community the details of my photo:: If you zoom in, you can see the street light in every droplet. And i can't recall when there was something so saturated in the backround, like the street lights my photo, in any other water droplet photo. but whatever. just wanted to let you know. =)
5. ceepyou (Posts: 33; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
It is a tough one this time. 8, 9, 11, and 15 have great detail. 7 lacked detail. 10 has some uniqueness. I am quite impressed by 6. For a night shot, that is great. I think 9 edges out the competition in my opinion, but barely. 15 is amazing though.
6. BattleBrat (Posts: 1095; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Dang, I saw an N8 for the first time at a Head-Fi meet two weeks ago, INCREDIBLE pictures!!!
7. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You all have gone crazy voting for others while you see with your own eyes the quality and the professionalism number 15 has been taken with!!
6 is great too...but nothing beats 15!!
The background, the colour....everything is perfect!!
Good job Yan Hui!
12. nwright94 (unregistered)
Sadly, people don't vote for quality per say. It can be the greatest shot ever, but if they see iPhone after it they aren't going to vote for it. It's like American idol. The best don't win, the most popular do.
11. RenaeCagle (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 May 2012)
it won't end up on the site. We simply might not have gotten to it yet.