Cool facts about the LG G2's Snapdragon 800 chipset
0. phoneArena 07 Aug 2013, 15:43 posted on
So, you may have heard already that the LG G2 will be among the first smartphones to feature Qualcomm's cutting-edge Snapdragon 800 chipset, and some of you are probably wondering - what makes this chip special, and is it going to make popular SoCs like the Snapdragon 600 or Tegra 3 outdated...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sam_K (Posts: 30; Member since: 03 Feb 2011)
You forgot Quick Charge 2.0 & Snapdragon Voice Activation which I believe are only available on the Snapdragon 800 and not the 600.
2. blingblingthing (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Go Android! Go LG!
Coming from my nexus 4 and I :-)
4. rd_nest (Posts: 1179; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
I would like to see PowerVR 6 performance before doing too much boosting on GPU side.
18. cezarepc (Posts: 674; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
It can't. So go back to playing Crysis on your PC and stop this Bull F**ckin S**t argument.
7. khaldoon (Posts: 42; Member since: 17 May 2013)
I really like this phone but I am going to wait for the nexus 5 ! As I am sure it will be based on this phone hardware wise and will have the best android os yet !
9. GTR722 (Posts: 253; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
Xperia Z Ultra with SD 800 at PA = nothing, even when its already in the market.
LG G2 with SD 800 at PA = the second coming of Christ
10. Akfred (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Dont mind PA, they hate everything Sony
11. roldefol (Posts: 3359; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No, they just know Sony gets little love from the big 4 US carriers. The G2 on the other hand may actually end up in Americans' pockets.
Also, phablets are still a niche product, whereas the G2 is a phone.
12. luffybill (Posts: 14; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
true.. z ultra is the first official snapdragon 800 but PA never mentioned about it.
LG G2 snapdragon 800 bla bla bla... what a joke from PA. i believe LG sponsored this topic.
15. Gaurav008 (Posts: 294; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
LG likes to sponser articles on PA, heh? Why don't they read people's comments about speeding up and supporting more devices regarding software.
Though I have to say LG is on the right track. It is doing better. But be consistent please. It will not hurt you.
16. Andrewtst (Posts: 498; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
PA is such unfair, keep saying LG G2 the first running Snapdragon 800.....
Come on! PA still dreaming is it? Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the first mobile phone running snapdragon 800 and already selling in certain market!!!
17. kanagadeepan (Posts: 788; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
LG should be MAD to NOT include 4k video recording...
They are selling UHD (4k) TVs, but still now there is ZERO content for that extra high resolution... At least they can promote their TVs, along with G2 in Ads...
19. JMartin22 (Posts: 1649; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
This is news? We knew all about the Snapdragon 800 and its specs/capabilities for months. I doubt we need a reminder. This isn't even specific to the LG G2, either.