Cook says there is room for more Apple iPhone growth
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2013, 10:58 posted on
Speaking at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference, Apple CEO Tim Cook said that there is still plenty of room for more growth in Apple iPhone sales and added that the iconic smartphone is currently available to only one out of every two wireless subscribers with China a major area targeted for future growth...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
35. s.mrabet (Posts: 124; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
You know you make fun of yourself when you talk like that?
29. torr310 (Posts: 855; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
There are also other people loving so much Apple.
30. tedkord (Posts: 11888; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I don't hate Apple. I hate Apples underhanded, bullying business practices. I hate that they file for a patent on any idea they can think up, then even if they're not using that patent try to sue. I hate that they take advantage of the understaffed, idiotic patent office to get ridiculous, obvious, overly broad and already existing patents, then sue to ban competitors.
Apple's practices stifle innovation. It ensures that no matter what platform I choose, it will be less advanced and more expensive than need be.
37. Whateverman (Posts: 3269; Member since: 17 May 2009)
I think many people only hate Apple as an extension of their hatred for Steve Jobs. Let's be honest... To most, he wasn't a very nice guy and when you're the face of a company, that company can take on the CEO's faults and attributes. It's hard sometimes to separate the CEO from the company and the Apple/SJ combination is the perfect example of that. So when SJ says something like, "They're holding it wrong", some people don't think its a jerk of a CEO just saying something not-so-smart. Some take it as another example of Apple's arrogance and an office company stance. It's not right, but it seems as though that's what happens.
46. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Lots of people hate on Apple b/c of the bs litigation as well. Suing people for things like "slide to unlock" and "rectangle with rounded corners" is just f***ing stupid. If someone bought a Samsung by accident while trying to buy an iPhone should pay better attention b/c it is their fault, and vice versa. That takes care of the appearance part. As for the "slide to unlock", where do I begin? If anyone on this Earth bought a phone to "slide to unlock", that is just sad.......
imo, Apple and their image would benefit greatly from moving away from the courtroom and back to a renewed focus on making truly game changing products. They haven't done that since the 3G.
49. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
@oister85 "Why people hate so much apple"
I don't know about the others, but for example I don't like Apple as a company because of Apple's politics and morality and how they achieve their objectives and goals.
58. samashok (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
i like Banana Better, Not Some F**king Apple...
8. techguy22 (Posts: 227; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
by grow he means more taller. trolll!!! lol
59. samashok (Posts: 6; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
lol thats soo funny :D
I'll share it :D
Great Image bro, Well Done :D
9. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Sure there is, 4.0" to 5.0". Once that happens more people will jump on board.
10. theyseemetrollintheyhatin (Posts: 10; Member since: 28 Sep 2012)
I think at this point I would rather see major changes to the ui than a cheaper Iphone. It's been years and it is still the same.
53. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Thumbs up just for your username. Got a good LOL on that one.=)
14. coppico (Posts: 22; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
Yeah, ofc Cook, if you give some real innovating phones
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 21680; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The iPhone, and iPads are a huge part of the mobile machine. Samsung and apple are the heart, and soul of mobile tech.
22. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yup. People iN Somalia and Ethopia are eagerly waiting for iPhones.
23. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Of course Apple has room for growth their phone is behind the specs and feature curve and don't expect a cheaper Iphone to have any better specs!
Step up Apple! Your loyal customers are starting to realize you hype is BS!
26. Troll.isaha. (banned) (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Let it remain how it is, iOS 6789 should be like iOS 6.
28. funnyguy (banned) (Posts: 244; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
People talk and talk, apple this, apple that,
They are losing the battle, blah blah ...
Last time I checked apple was still making huge money and they are still them biggest player In smartphones and tablets
31. tedkord (Posts: 11888; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Then you haven't checked in a while. Samsung is bigger in smartphones by quite a bit. Has been for over a year.
33. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
No since theya re feeling the heat of Thermonuclear War that they started now theya re desperate to make plastic phones :D
47. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Last I checked Android out sells Apple!
Apple= 1 phone a year so no wonder sale for Iphone 5 are high. Duh!
Android has dozens of phones per year and sales are split up among different manufacturers. Put all those Android sales up against Apples sales and it's no contest!
So all this Iphone 5 sales being so high isn't so high when it comes to Apple vs Android!
Android fans like having a choice of features, size,and looks ect. Open source = customization. Something you get from Apple!
If Android ONLY offered 1 phone based on the features of the best sellers Android OS has to offer right now. I KNOW it would out sell Icrap 5 hands down!
Thumbs up if you agree!
48. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Correction near bottom...Variety something you DON'T get from Apple!
38. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
products are always able to find growth, just depends on how much you want to cut into profit margins to make said head way