Cook calls Apple "a force for good in the world"
0. phoneArena 29 Oct 2013, 09:09 posted on
As we told you on Monday, while talking to analysts during Apple's third quarter conference call, Apple CEO Tim Cook predicted that "it's going to be an iPad Christmas." The comment harkens back to a statement made by the late Steve Jobs when he debuted the original Apple iPad in 2010; Jobs' comment at the time, was that 2010 would be "the year of iPad"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
30. JMartin22 (Posts: 1245; Member since: 30 Apr 2013)
Their egos know no bounds. Using human rights issues as a guise to forward your profiting machine is a no-no in my book.
31. hybrid06339 (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 May 2012)
perhaps he's compensating for something
38. BREvenson (Posts: 214; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Tim Cook is genuinely a good guy, similar to Steve Jobs and Bill Gates; charitable, compassionate, with a desire to help improve the world through humanitarian and technological efforts.
The only problem: he heads a massively wealthy company whose questionable business practices and wavering reputation in the tech world threaten to overshadow the good deeds of himself and the company. That alone is enough to tarnish anyone's credibility, especially when Cook comes off like a superhero claiming that they are "a force for good in the world beyond our products". Standing up for a cause is one thing, but when you're sounding like Superman, it's hard to take you seriously.
41. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Everyone has a different opinion of what good and bad are.
43. PhoneCritic (Posts: 375; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Too Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracal, Walmart, etc... to be a force for Good means bring back your manufacturing arm to the good old US of A so we can have Jobs, If not then take the billions of billions of dollars you all hold of shore and pay your fair amount of Taxes. Until then my advise for all these CEO is to SHUT UP!!! if you can't take care of your own back yard (America, the country that made you what you are. Hello!!!) don't brag about anything Just talk about your product(s).
44. artealis (Posts: 98; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
dear tim cook,
You can fool all the people some of the time,
and some of the people all the time,
but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
46. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Still say Apple is on the dark side of the force. with its many law suits and people kill themselves for making their iPhones. what a strange statement by the CEO
47. xfire99 (Posts: 570; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
A rotten apple stinks and can never be good.
48. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1653; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
And the award for iJoke of the year goes too...
50. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
I bet most bashes here hasn't contribute a cent to society
73. joshOps85 (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
yeah not many cents. Just blood, sweat and tears mate. I guess you don't know what thats like.
84. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
like what? john rambo? don't speak so highly of yourself,you're just an average employee,u invest your so call sweats for wages in return.
there are people like bill gates, warren buffets and,companies spending money they don't need to spend improving people life for nothing in return
when we do nothing but just work for a living,please be humble
89. joshOps85 (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
actually im not an employee, im self employed, run my own business. you shouldn't assume to know me.
If i give than that's my business.
The problem is the rich hold the power to solve world hunger/lack of water issues but decide to hold onto their money (who needs millions of excess $) for what reason? To be bigger and better?
These big guys are great for giving what they do but it's all relative, how much percentage do they give of what they have.
58. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 867; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
you won best comment of the day hahaha
68. GrapeEyes (Posts: 248; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
iPhone 6 to be 5 inches in September 2014.
Apple are 3 years behind 80% of mobile companies.
69. Ninetysix (Posts: 1679; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
All good bro. Technology is going backwards.
85. robinlim85 (Posts: 85; Member since: 03 May 2013)
only android fans thinks everybody wants a large phone
71. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
"A force for good" where every iPhones is under surveillance from the NSA and ruins your privacy
72. joshOps85 (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
on the red project thing, Apple could have just given a few million dollars of spare change rather than help raise other peoples money and put their brand name as if it was them.
Its this subtle deceptiveness that is like the shadow of satan himself.
Other companies might be just as bad but to say you're a force for good in the world is lack of humility in itself. How can one be good without humility?
87. applesucker (Posts: 81; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
booooo! you're not steve jobs and you just ruined all the hardworks of steve jobs and put apple to ashame you are a disgrace no wonder a lot of critics says that you are the worst apple CEO ever
88. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 867; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
You mean other than that previous Apple CEO that ran apple into the ground? Wouldn't you say that he just continued what Steve Jobs was doing only with more reason because Jobs wouldn't budge on a small tablet which has been a huge success for Apple?