Consumer version of Google Glass "probably a year-ish away" according to Schmidt
0. phoneArena 22 Apr 2013, 16:10 posted on
The last time there was any mention of a release window for the consumer version of Google Glass, the sense was that Google hoped to be able to release the device in time for the holidays this year. But, now it sounds like the window has shifted back to Q1/Q2 of 2014, because Google's Eric Schmidt is now saying that the consumer version of Glass is "probably a year-ish away"...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
I wonder what takes so long. I mean exactly what part is holding up, battery? Hardware? Antennas? Projection? Legal background?
4. kamranexir (Posts: 3; Member since: 28 May 2012)
I guess the delay is not because of the hardware.
Its time for beta testing and bug fix
5. lyndon420 (Posts: 2849; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
They probably want to work out any bugs. They might want to have some good apps available when it becomes available...hence the 'developer' edition hardware.
10. boosook (Posts: 1254; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Ecosystems. Glass would be a flop if released with no apps, so they want to give an year of time to developers to make their applications, so that Glass won't be useless once released.
3. ZeroCide (Posts: 721; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
That sounds about right is they are just now beta testing hardware. The ony hope of getting it sooner is if ALL or most of the beta tester reported NO problems...... Not likely.
6. kissily (Posts: 53; Member since: 09 Oct 2012)
Google has its own hidden agenda for the delay. Next year is just a limb away.
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I know it will take a year but it will be worth the wait. This dev im lookn at on his youtube acct giving me some neat ideas. This will be my own xmas present
8. alpinejason (Posts: 262; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
too bad it's O.S. is android and not something else less buggy
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sounds like someone hasn't used Android since 2.x...
11. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Take your time to polish the hardware Google