Consumer tablet interest is huge for the holidays, so who are the winners?
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 18:32 posted on
A new survey has come out trying to figure out what tablet people are intending to buy this holiday season, and while some of the information is pretty easy to guess (the Apple iPad is the most popular tablet on the list), there were some surprises when it came to the Microsoft Surface and Google Nexus 7. The biggest surprise was that consumer interest in the Microsoft Surface dropped 53% after the price announcement, but Microsoft's tablet still had more interest than the Nexus 7...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Too bad kindle fire and surface are only in US, only nexus 7 and iPad left :/
13. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I'm totally getting an Xbox 360 WITH Kinect
20. linneti15 (Posts: 49; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Well in Australia, they're all available... but yes the ipad is available in a lot more countries
23. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'd buy a Surface if it were cheaper. Great product, just not as competitively priced, even if it is the benchmark for the system
33. wendygarett (unregistered)
Same with me...
28. nando2do (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
actually not even nexus 7.. only the ipad and others.. like samsung, asus (other tan nexus) etc
47. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
dude, you asked that before...are you? Good..who cares.
2. roscuthiii (Posts: 2224; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Don't you hate when you make a stupid household resolution like, "No gifts over $50. Presents this year have to be thoughtful and from the heart."
BAH!!! What a stupid sentiment. I needs my tech fix man! :-\
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Yeah, that graph label was odd, but it seems that both the iPad 2 & 4 are part of that same listing.
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
The survey is came from CNN? Their survey looks very messy and confused to me...
22. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The survey is from Parks Associates, CNN was just the first major media entity to report on it.
49. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
Is there any info behind the survey (where it was conducted, time-frame and sample size)?
I gotta agree with wendy, this thing is a hot mess...
50. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2705; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The full info behind the survey costs $5,000, so we certainly don't have it.
9. cripton805 (Posts: 1444; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
You just stepped into.... the Twilight Zone
4. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
IPad and nexus 7/10 will probably sell the most. Kindle fire will get some decent sales. Im sure win8 tabs will sell, just not the surface.
8. MeoCao (unregistered)
I read too many times that MS winning the rumor war.
But they alway lose the sales war.
11. wendygarett (unregistered)
I don't understand why you hate ms so much :(
14. MeoCao (unregistered)
is what I say true, if yes then it doesn't matter I hate some1 or not.
But frankly I hate monopolies: MS, Apple, Intel you name it.
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
The android is already the monopoly now, what's your point?
These are all business dude...
18. MeoCao (unregistered)
Android is not monopoly b-c it's open source. Any1 can make something else from Android, but can they do the same with Windows or iOS? I guess u r young and don't understand the bad things that monopoly brings.
It's business, you bet. but do you know it's bad when some big players come together and agree on prices? That's business too, right?
It's in fact called price fixing and if caught those companies can be fined heavily.
If you a a monopoly you can raise price almost at will w/o any punishment at all.
27. pongkie (Posts: 582; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
android is a monopoly. they don't make money on their services but they make money on adds. having a free platform and services is just a strategy to spread their adds everywhere.