Consumer Reports: Both black and white Apple iPhone 4 models are exactly the same size
0. phoneArena 02 May 2011, 17:15 posted on
Using a caliper, Consumer Reports measured a black Apple iPhone 4 and a white version of the handset and lo and behold, found that both were exactly .37 inches thick; earlier reports had the white version coming in .2 mm thicker than the original black model...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. speakdatruth (Posts: 24; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Is this seriously a story even worth posting???????
5. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 211; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
I'm really glad somebody verified this. My whole world was falling apart.
15. vishu9 (Posts: 252; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
LOL..this is such bullshit..i dont understand why everything that Apple does have to be so Over-Hyped!.its the phone same and ppl shud jus get over it...
But yes..sometime somewhere an Apple Fanboy must definitely hav wet his pants over this issue..haha
6. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Oh thank god they are, I don't know what I would do of they weren't the same size.
11. daniel_bargs (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
the world we know is not the same it was before. mobile phone will cause the next world war
12. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Did it take CR to say that its the same size for us to know that they are the same size? Geez...
13. luis_lopez_351 (Posts: 951; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
OmG!!! but to make sure ima get a new one!!!
14. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
Good to know and cheap to find out. Its a good story because people are making such a big deal about this. And actually if they were a different size that would matter. I bet the pencil test one used an after market whit adon.
16. ihaveabettercaliperbutnoiphone (unregistered)
The caliper in the picture looks shaky at best if it is even able to register the 0.2mm difference...
17. skymitch89 (Posts: 1291; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I think that if the white iPhone 4 looks thicker (I haven't looked at it yet), it might be because "black is more sliming". At least from what I've heard black is more sliming.
18. lbto (unregistered)
That's funny because I have a friend at apple that told me some cases do not fit on the white iphone4 that fit on the original one.
19. ChrisTheTechGuy (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Nov 2010)
ok...yeah...because .2mm would cause that much of a difference....divide a millimeter by 5 and then take that 5th of a millimeter and add it to the thickness of something and tell me it causes a cases not to fit it....bull
20. ChrisTheTechGuy (Posts: 85; Member since: 04 Nov 2010)
i cant believe people got their panties in a twist over 1/5 of a millimeter...the naked eye could barely even make that out