Confirmed: BlackBerry Z10 not coming to Sprint
0. phoneArena 04 Mar 2013, 06:49 posted on
Soon after BlackBerry announced the Z10 – its latest flagship smartphone powered by the all-new BlackBerry 10 OS, three of the four major U.S. carriers announced their plans to start offering the device in the near future. These were AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile, all of which added notification pages on their websites for subscribers interested in the device. Sprint, however, didn't mention anything in regards to launching the BlackBerry Z10 on its network. And as it now turns out, such an announcement isn't going to come...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I sure hope Blackberry does alright in the States. I believe a 4th option is good for everyone.
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2124; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Competition is great for everyone, but would YOU buy this device over the iP5, One, Z, SIV etc.? See that's the problem.
5. bigbmc26 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 May 2012)
I would, and will when it comes to the states... I don't see any problem with buying it over those other devices.
10. evarod48 (Posts: 137; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
bb10 will be behind the competition even before it's released
25. bigbmc26 (Posts: 41; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Why? Because of some useless app that's available for BB10? The OS is modern, the hardware is modern. Nothing is behind. Only closed minded, fanboys would say that. If it's not for you fine, but that doesn't put it behind the competition. It's called choice.....
13. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Would I buy the Q10, no. I don't care for the physical keyboard. I prefer a full touch screen. So...a Z10 is possible.
6. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That ship RIM has been sailing sunk a long time ago. I don't think BB10 can really save it.
23. donfem (Posts: 526; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
Just like the intro of the little Green Robot led to the gradual sinking of the "iclan"
2. MC1123 (Posts: 1240; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i wonder if the apps are already optimize for Q10
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8225; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Bad move Sprint. Once you see it doing well on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, you'll regret the decision. Choice is always good!
16. QWIKSTRIKE (Posts: 859; Member since: 09 Mar 2010)
They gotta protect that whopping iPhone investment until 2015 is it!
7. wumberpeb (Posts: 428; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
Aww, c'mon Sprint...you've just made all 7 BlackBerry lovers mad now! How could you alienate all 7 of them?
12. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Wow that's 5 more than I thought.
8. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 505; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Actually I agree with the logic that the Q10 is actually more the potential savior for Blackberry than the Z. I hope that BB is not making the same mistake that Palm did; placing a potentially great new operating system on "meh" hardware.
17. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Majority of ppl in the entire world use all touch screen smartphones.
How could this be better? Ppl that use qwerty is in the minority. I am a former physical keyboard guy.
9. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
This maybe a good sign. Drop Blackberry for more Windows Phone devices. Afterall as Blackberry falls, Windows Phone is on the rise.
11. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Except that's the other thing. Sprint doesn't have any wp8 devices still. What is going on with them?
15. Ruckus (Posts: 276; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
I wish I knew.. Its awesome that they carry high end Android devices and the iPhone but they are dropping the ball on the Windows front. Im half tempted to cancel and switch to at&t for the Lumia 920.
14. bubbadoes (Posts: 326; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I don't understand how you can be light years behind in todays specs with the launch of BB10 and still want be on the shelves until May 2013. Come on...It's been the talk for 6 months now
18. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I think its a bad sign for BB on Sprint. Why not offer both? Why go all in on a style that most ppl dont use?
All this will do is bring in current BB qwerty users...and current and former BB users that want the keyboard again. This wont bring in all those that switched or just like all screen phones better.
19. theBankRobber (Posts: 647; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
So glad I'm leaving sprint when my contract is up. They don't get any good phones on time or if ever and their service is just horrible .
20. Jr7188 (Posts: 6; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
The thing about the Blackberry phones is that they aren't Quad Core. If i was to go out to get a new phone right now i wouldnt choose any of Dual core phones. This year is the year of the Quad Core here in the states, GS4,Note 2, Optimus G And the HTC One. If im going to pay any money for a new phone im going to get something that will last a little longer technology wise. I believe that BB will go the way of palm and dissolve into another company.
21. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
WebOS was just bought by LG... They plan on using it for a TV UI...
I think there is very lil left of Palm or anything associated with it. In a few years....some ppl will forget they ever existed...
22. PhonePhazer47 (Posts: 30; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Sprint always does stupid moves like this! took them ages to get the i-phone and takes them even more ages to get the latest phones sometimes!! ............. even though im not sold on which phone im going next, my contract is up in 30 days! would love to have walked into the store and compare!......... SPRINT YOU ARE ALL STUPID!!!!.....im seriously thinking of that new pre-paid option, bring your own phone to T-mobile!...
24. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Sprint is not very considerate because I'm sure there are many customers who want to try the BB10 touch device. I sure would be excited. Sprint shouldn't just assume on their own that everyone will be happy with the qwerty version. because they won't.