Concept design for BlackBerry 10 model shows Bold-esque QWERTY keyboard
0. phoneArena 24 Jun 2012, 13:16 posted on
With RIM desperately hoping that BlackBerry 10 is the key to a turnaround, we have another concept design for the first BB10 phone; with a Bold-esque QWERTY keyboard and a body that tapers as you move lower, this cocept model would certainly turn heads...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. andrew1953 (Posts: 176; Member since: 13 Nov 2011)
Looks nice but I still favor a slide out QWERTY model with big screen a la E75.
4. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
In order for RIM to survive is to choose a new OS Android or Windows.
5. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
if this real, then BB have 2nd camera.
i like the design
6. thunderising (Posts: 232; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
Oh crap not those same looking phones again
19. items17070 (Posts: 70; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
and the phones with NO keyboard are ANY different! NOT!
7. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
They should do a slider design with a large touchscreen for BB10. I have a feeling it'll be good.
8. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Sorry but big screens sale more phones. How about invent a pullout keyboard that is mind blowing to compliment a larger display.
11. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3104; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Doesn't look bad but I agree with above. Slide out keyboards with larger displays are better. They aren't going to dial numbers in your pockets, slide out keyboards have bigger and more spaced out layouts, bigger more usable screens, etc.
I appreciate that rim is trying to keep to their traditions but it's really hurting them in the end.
17. Firedrops (Posts: 249; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Agree. If they do release another phone with this design again, they deserve to bankrupt. They simply refuse to learn that customers don't give a sh*t about their company's tradition, what they want is value for price, mostly by features such as does found on the qwerty Droid series: Big screen, fast processors, big, high-quality slide-out keyboards and a competent OS.
Blackberry models are exactly the opposite, but they charge sky high anyway.
12. akita256 (Posts: 80; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
If RIM doesn't understand that people want a large screen, then they are truly doomed.
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Looks like a mix between a Sony and a Blackberry... I like it.
15. Jlo99 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
I think all the BB10 phone will be over price just like the BB 9900
16. tarmpung (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
it's Nokia style, not Blackberry's and it looks cheap
18. Jay2ice (Posts: 13; Member since: 15 Jun 2012)
I agree with tarmpung, this looks so much like nokia Asha 303.