Compare the size of the Apple iPhone 6 with the Apple iPhone 5
To show you the difference between the Apple iPhone 6 and the Apple iPhone 5, images show the two phones in various poses, showing off the larger size of the new model. The photos also let us see how much thinner the iPhone 6 will be. Other changes include the rounded corners, and the now infamous protruding camera on the Apple iPhone 6.
With the upcoming 4.7 inch version of the iPhone, the power button is moved from the top of the phone to the side, making it easier for those with smaller hands to reach. The round volume rockers have become elongated buttons, and the bottom of the phone now shows one single row of speakers, compared to the previous two double rows. This is interesting because a picture allegedly revealing the Apple iPad Air 2, shows Apple doing something similar to the tablet's two double rows of speakers on the bottom of the slate. Instead of twin double rows of speaker holes, the iPad Air 2 has twin single rows. This might confirm earlier speculation that the iPhone 6 would take its design cues from the iPad Air 2, and might even be called the Apple iPhone Air.
Check out the different look between the Apple iPhone 6 and the Apple iPhone 5 by clicking on the slideshow below. And we'd be remiss if we didn't suggest opening the kitchen cabinet, and pulling out some salt to take these pictures with.
Changes to Apple iPhone 6 clearly seen in new pictures
Thanks for the tip!
source: Yaya888 (translated) via gizmobic
1. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 488; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
dat version bit better than gold version. I dislike the back design tho
4. fzacek (Posts: 1889; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
That protruding camera ruins the clean look of the phone IMO. And I really don't get why Apple and its iHerd is so obsessed with extreme thinness..
7. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Because what else are they going to say when they present the phone? Apparently, no fragmentation and no. of app downloads are not enough for iFans.
12. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
They just want to brag that it's their innovation.
13. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 130; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I'm not buying the protruding camera, I'm pretty sure Apple has found a way to make it flush with the phone, just like that China Telecom picture is showing.
17. fzacek (Posts: 1889; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
It seems pretty set in stone from all the leaks lately...
26. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 130; Member since: 15 May 2013)
I don't think so. Apple usually being obsessed with seamless design, the camera on those pictures just seems too gross to be the real deal. I think they'll come up with something flush eventually.
28. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
"Apple usually being obsessed with seamless design"
At least until they run out of innovation to. Then they just bend their Apple reality to make protruding cameras "beautiful".
Remember the new iPad? It was fatter, heavier and all around crappier than the iPad 2, yet people still went totally crazy about it.
36. fzacek (Posts: 1889; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
The newest iPod Touch has a protruding camera...
41. Jinto (Posts: 399; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
It is just like the one on the ipod touch, apple design
37. JC557 (Posts: 1137; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I agree. This race to making the thinnest phone ever is creating a lot of unnecessary compromises. Just look at the Motorola Droid Razr or even as far back as the Droid X and it's protruding camera housing. They should've at least placed in a larger battery (instead of making me buy the extended battery that adds only 1mm more to the thickness).
Hopefully this mockup isn't real.
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1236; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Looks so HTC One M7...and even the M7 didn't have a protruding camera. Protruding cameras are so 2012 (S3, One X, etc.), which is where this phone belongs.
20. fzacek (Posts: 1889; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Don't forget that all of the Galaxy series phones have protruding cameras, although they are much better looking than Apple's implementation...
9. Nkolsen (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
OMG they copied android OEM's with that button setup......Sue them for billions.....
21. fzacek (Posts: 1889; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
That's what Apple would do if it was the other way round, lol...
10. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 207; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Well, at least they both will have ONE thing in common: NO 1080x1920 screen. iCHUMPS...
14. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Sorry disappointing you. 4.7" will be 960p and 5.5" will be 1280p.
19. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 488; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
I dont care about resolution actually. I care about pixel density.
22. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
That would make 416 and 475 each.
23. nohatenofanboy (Posts: 488; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)
thats very good. why ppl complain about that ?
24. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
They are not complaining but trolling.
BTW, there was an article here about iPhone's resolutions to be much less. Androtakus *want to* believe that.
38. JC557 (Posts: 1137; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Yup, a resolution that's not very common, not even in the desktop/ laptop realm of things. The MacBook Air is 1300x900 with 768 being the step below. Everything else is 1080p and up.
31. metalspy101 (Posts: 53; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
???iphone 4.7 will be 326ppi
iphone 5.5 will be 461???
ACCORDING TO PHONEARENA..
32. metalspy101 (Posts: 53; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
Where did you get these number and what site did you use to calculate>
11. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
...And people say the Chinese are copycats, now even the Americano fruit is copying.
18. D.Lamore (Posts: 194; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
I think apple have lost their premium feel this time, iphone 6 looks awkward and cheap. I still don't believe this will be the iphone 6, but it won't matter so far there is an apple logo on the back. If samsung should come up with something like this I'm sure izombies will piss over it.
25. DillWeed (Posts: 77; Member since: 14 Mar 2014)
Maybe it's a prank and the real thing has a good looking back
27. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
When did iphone 6 got released...... ???
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 11937; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly, the usual haters are talking as if the phones been out a month.
29. metalspy101 (Posts: 53; Member since: 15 Dec 2012)
The lens will NOT bother me. We all know we case up our iphones and dont tell me otherwise, I've seen it everywhere i go. NOT A deal breaker, if by any chance it has a protruding lens.
39. JC557 (Posts: 1137; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Come around to NYC and you can see plenty of people going caseless for their iPhones, many of which are the 5/ 5s which is thinner than the 4/ 4s.
There are skins and the like available for the iPhone which means you don't have to make it bulky. Also, what is the point of an elegant design if it has to be covered up? I don't add a cover to my phones (Droid Razr M, Moto X, HTC Rezound, HTC one M8 and M7 (bought for family member) and they all do fine. I've seen plenty of naked HTC Ones and Samsung GS5s running around as well. A screen protector or thin film skin will suffice.
40. JC557 (Posts: 1137; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I'd like to add that if this new iPhone's camera housing is indeed sticking out then there's a good chance it'll start looking like the one on my old HTC Droid Incredible: all scratched up (though thankfully not the lens).
Also even in a case for the most part, my iPod Nanos (5th, 6th and 7th gens) have gotten scratches on their edges, especially the camera on the 5th gen.