Compact LG Optimus G2 to come with 5.2" FHD screen, OIS camera, all keys on the back
0. phoneArena 03 Jul 2013, 08:51 posted on
The source confirms that there will be no side keys, and the Android navigational buttons will be placed on the back, at the "movable bottom of the camera," whatever that means. Those plus and minus signs around the camera we saw in the leaked photo before are said to serve as volume keys indeed, but also zoom buttons when needed, and the power key is apparently located between them, if we trust Google's translation...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh my god, this thing is gonna rock!
BRING IT ON!!! x-)
10. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Galaxy Note 1 competitor? xD
15. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Yuck that phone is to looooong and tall.
Should'ev been slightly wider.
Looks ugly at the back. Optimus G looks way much sexier with it's sharp edges and candybar looks.
3Gb Ddr3 Ram.
O no not S800 half baked A9 A15 again.
Bring on the super powered Tegra 4 with true A15s Cortex.
This is 2013 not 2012 still relying on A9 Cortex
35. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
5 thumbs up by your other 4 acounts in Phonearena I see why you getting thumbs up.
Stop trolling ExperiaDroid ®
41. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1064; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I wonder if you all have a life outside of this website. You all seem to be the first ones to comment on these articles, no matter what time of the day it is. Not to mention that I have to tend to agree that you all seem to make comments that will get you attention or up votes. All I am asking for is less trolling and more original opinions.
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Another comment seeking likes... You never got the hint didn't you?
25. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't get it. I'm looking forward to the G2, so is there something wrong for saying that?
(sigh) Smurf, you're the one who have never got the hint.
Are you tired of the "BRING IT ON" comments? Okay, I will change to "take my breath away..." next time.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Your comments scream "ATTENTION SEEKER!" every time you post on this account and your other fake accounts. And it's funny, because you want this phone, that one, and next week, another phone, so which is it?
28. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
My only fake account is tech3, PA have already banned me for a week, so why you guys still can't forget it? Because you guys have fake accounts too?
It's funny to see an Asian, a guy with a tiger picture, and a guy named PapaSmurf acting like I owe ya'll big time. You guys think that I have other fake accounts like PunyPoop, Potato etc. ? Oh my god, grow up already, stop being a Dumblock guys! If I'm PunyPoop and Potato then why PA didn't ban me?
30. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This is then only account I have active on this site. You actually think I'm going to spend time out of my day to sign out, sign into another one just to thumbs up a comment when I really don't care for them? Lol good one.
And you really don't make any sense at the second part of your post.
"Oh my god, grow up already, stop being a Dumblock guys!"
^ I'm just going to stop here because you're not worth replying to.
31. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
"I'm just going to stop here because you're not worth replying to."
If I'm not worth replying to then why you reply to me? Sheesh, lame excuse.
34. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
And also is the other acount of yours
Punnypoop cause you always say poopyourself, that relates
Cause you are using VPN network
36. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Hey TROLL, where are the other dupe accounts of yours?
TROLL, the king of dupe accounts.
Can you please shut up? We're talking about smartphones, not accounts. This is PhoneArena.
43. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I think I should remind you to not feed the troll.
They keep calling "LUMIA BRICKS", "HALF BAKED CRAPDRAGON", even calling an unannounced phone "long, tall and boring" (optimus G2).. and funniest part is that they are advising us to grow up.
Atleast we are not uncivilised like them.
38. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
You leave the tuber out of this. Potato is my friend.
2. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
The keys on the back I have to say are a bit strange but I could get used to it! And LG often have awesome hardware but I don't like the ui.....have to root it or at least get Nova Launcher....
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
LG's new UI is probably the worst I've used in a long time. Touchwiz 2.0 was better than it is now...
32. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
With the release of a new flagship they usually do a UI overhaul. I think it would be wrong to say that they don't have one lined up. With a significantly unique design style, it'd be weird if they didn't update their UI accordingly.
8. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Agree with you.. Personally, I don't prefer their UI. Touchwiz and Sense looks better than Optimus UI.
They should refresh their UI or else we have to install Nova/Apex launcher
4. chunk1x (Posts: 248; Member since: 25 Jun 2011)
Looks like the old G with some touches of S4 in my opinion.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
LG copies their design from Samsung.. They've been doing so since last year.
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Seriously, the word "copies" or "copy" is getting old and lame, many phones look the same these days, just like the iPhone 5, BlackBerry Z10 and the HTC One.
Why not just give LG a try? This is a leaked picture of the G2, why not just wait for the official release before judging it's design?
23. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So what word would you describe the similarity between how LG phones look after the GS3 was released? And the Z10 does not look like the HTC One or the iPhone 5 or the Galaxy S4.
LG is the last OEM I would ever buy a smartphone for. They have then worst software support after HTC. The UI is terrible and childish so why would I pick this up?
iPhone 5, S4, and HTC One > G2
51. DONUT (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
and Samsung copies from LG too. look at LG's crystal reflection back pattern they put on the Optimus G. LG also made the pattern onto their other devices (F7, F5, G Pro all have a pattern that "shifts" similar to the Crystal Reflection on the G). And after all those devices, the S4 comes out with a similar case design. wow
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Lol LG designs a beautiful phone and they destroy it by putting volume keys on the back. I hope this is fake.
9. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
You will soon LOL on Galaxy S4 when they will announce it.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
No I wont. LG phones don't interest me so I have no need to worry.
12. Erthling (Posts: 15; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Do you know how old its getting by talking about phone A copying phone B's design?
All phones are the same these days. Get over it..... If they're full screens or with a keyboard ala Blackberries..
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Wow too bad nowhere in this comment I said they copied design. You need to learn how to read before you try to reply to me.
50. DONUT (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
i believe he was replying to this comment "LG copies their design from Samsung.. "
and i also know that you need to sit your ass down. if u dont like LG, why come onto an LG article and COMMENT? go back to smurf land and wait for Smurfs 2 to come out so you can be a narcissist and watch yourself on the big screen
52. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10312; Member since: 14 May 2012)
When every tech blog reports then design on the G2 is going to be a good one, and when I finally see it, I'm not impressed, therefore I have no interest in what LG makes. Got it? Great.
Not only do you look like a complete idiot, you look like a complete ass. Grow up, sit your ass down, evaluate what you just said, and respond to me when you want to have a conversation about technology.
53. DONUT (Posts: 377; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
if you really had no interest in THIS particular phone bcos its design doesnt imress you, you wouldnt have posted "LG phones don't interest me so I have no need to worry."
and if you really have no interest in LG phones, you wouldnt be posting any comments at all, so sit your $5 ass down and get your life
11. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In my opinion keys on the back is not ergonomic solution (of course if rumors says true).
37. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3492; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
If there's one source that i trust with their leaks, it's @evleaks...so i won't be suprised to see that thing come to life.
And yes, i don't think the volume keys will help unless you want to raise the volume while on a call.
How will one zoom in and out of a subject when the buttons are near the lens?? Too much finger and hand movements will be involved...i don't think this is a good idea.
14. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
It's innovative but those buttons look HORRIBLE on the back. Hopefully the launch device will look way better.
16. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I give them points for trying something new, but the volume rocker by the camera has two problems: 1) encourages fingerprints on the lens, and 2) how am I supposed to adjust the volume when the phone is lying face up on a desk?
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Man i'm really getting fed with these halfbaked Cpu by Qualcoom Cradragon®
Bring on the mighty:
Exynos E5420 the Cpu that is used on the Nexus 10
33. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
OMAP 5? Um.... last I checked, TI was out of the handset business.
If you can feed me some real data that shows the "Crapdragon" S4 Pro, 600 and 800 are in any way inadequate for today's market, be my guest. The mere fact that something faster is coming next year is not an argument. There's always going to be something faster around the corner.
45. roldefol (Posts: 4097; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
That's not Samsung's fault! The hardware is perfect! It's Samsung's fault for not optimizing the software!
18. TheRequiem (Posts: 239; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
It looks to me that the android navigational buttons will actually be on the screen or capacitative. The only thing on back is volume/ power buttons.
20. Samsomesh (Posts: 195; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Buttons on the back is something strange.. but thumbs up lg for doing something new..!
21. BraggingBob (Posts: 25; Member since: 17 May 2013)
I understand the reason to place the keys on the back but I don't mind a slight bezel along the edge. A 3-4mm bezel would be easier to grip without accidentially activating the touchscreen.
29. rodpe (Posts: 11; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Wow, its very nice. 5.2in its the limit for one hand usability.
Will certainly have a great screen and processor, I really hope that LG put a large battery in this beast, 3.000 mAh or more.
39. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
back buttons? Sounds intriguing but I´m afraid the final execution won´t work.
40. Jphones (Posts: 235; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
wtf would you put the buttons on the back? lg just sell as many nexus as possible because your other phones are no match for samsung, htc and nokia