CommBadge gives you a Star Trek: TNG experience…almost
0. phoneArena 01 Dec 2012, 00:48 posted on
Tired of plugging a Bluetooth earpiece into your head? The CommBadge is a wearable Bluetooth speakerphone designed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5691; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
neat but it doesn't look like the ones from Star Trek so it's a fail. :P
2. Maxwell.R (Posts: 205; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
If this project gets off the ground, that is only one marketing agreement away from becoming reality. ;-)
3. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If it works as advertised, I would definitely be in the market for one of the units.
5. doubler86 (Posts: 320; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
If they do make a limited edition Star Trek one, I would buy it immediately.
7. mydi.maus (unregistered)
can they make commbadge beam?,so i can beam me thru time.
11. champ_vl (Posts: 44; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
This is not cool. I would not want to look like a crazy person talking in public spaces without a phone or headset in reach...nor do I want that speaker to read out loud my messages or who is calling me or other private stuff. I'm very sure this trend will never catch on.
15. Gawain (Posts: 406; Member since: 15 Apr 2010)
You clearly didn't read the article or check out the source. The speaker is attached to you, not hidden like a bluetooth ear piece...most of the time, I see people who look like they're talking to themselves and only when they turn do I notice an ear bud.
12. GoBears (Posts: 443; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I just know how p!$$ed off I get at people who insist on using their speakerphone or PTT feature on their phone. I'm not going to be that guy haha.
13. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3401; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Early 2014 should be seen with these coming along with phones in the box!!
Would be great...
14. JimiMack (unregistered)
Read the article and you will see how it states people around you would not hear the other person... "The speaker is designed to provide clean sound to the wearer, but beyond a distance of about one foot, the sound waves will sound scrambled. People will be able to tell you are on a call, but they will not be able to hear your better half griping about forgetting to pick up some milk on the way home."
16. ChafedBanana (Posts: 365; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
.... designed to provide clean sound to the wearer, but beyond a distance of about one foot, the sound waves will sound AS THOUGH SOMEBODY IS LITERALLY DEFICATING INTO YOUR EARS.