Comic makes fun of Apple-Samsung's U.K. patent battles, judge's ruling on too cool iPad
0. phoneArena 20 Jul 2012, 20:22 posted on
Remember the recent ruling by a U.K. judge that forced Apple to post on its website that Samsung did not copy the Apple iPad? It has been turned into a comic strip for your entertainment starring Apple CEO Tim Cook...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
8. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
More like humble pie for Samsung; image having your competitor advertise that your products were not "cool enough" in your feeble attempt to copy their award-winning product.
In the US, we have a concept called the scarlet letter -- personally, I think this is a great means for Apple to explain to would be buyers that Samsung products are not cool enough.
11. ph00ny (Posts: 1193; Member since: 26 May 2011)
More like you didn't understand the meaning of "not cool enough"
If apple wants to appeal UK's judge's decision, they have to prove that Galaxy Tab 10.1 is as cool as ipad.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
very true. For them to appeal the decision at all is for them to say "clearly judge, you are mistaken, the samsung product is clearly cool enough to be a copy of us".
The best part is, since they are having to advertise it on their page, it might be able to be used by samsung in their other court filings.
"Hey, Judge Koh, why dont u look at apple's page... they are suing us for copying, while saying we werent cool enough to copy them.. on their home page!"
13. tedkord (Posts: 10607; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Except, as I recall, Samsung has to approve the content of the apology. Sweet.
21. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
tedkord, you are making that up and are SO FULL of MANURE.
Under UK law, in cases where a person's reputation has been (perceived as being) harmed, it is common practice to post advertisements to help undo the "harm" as part of the judgement.
The UK judge adjudicated that Samsung is a poor imitator of the iPad and therefore, he wants Apple to advertise in the press and on Apple's UK website to protect UK consumers from buying an inferior copy of the iPad.
Clearly, the judge wants UK consumers to buy a "cool" product such as the iPad.
17. piggypigs (Posts: 12; Member since: 21 Jul 2012)
more like a trap laid by the judge :P
cause unless the ruling is overturned. if they want to be "cool", then they must admit that Samsung did not copy them. If they think that samsung copied them, then they might have to admit that ... just a little ... samsung's tab was a bit cool.
Personally .. the so called "cool" factor .. which to many people actually just equate to the apple brand, is overrated, especially done in the excessively minimalism style that apple favours.
18. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
its pretty funny when people get the iphone just for the cool factor. its like because they have it theyre all of a sudden the cool kid on the block. lol
22. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
It's very easy. An ape of Apple's iPad is the Samsung Tab.
23. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
did you notice that APPLE spells 'ape' in its name? The other two letters are PL - patent lawsuits.
3. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Whats that I smell? aww its a ROTTEN Apple!
4. MeoCao (unregistered)
This message from Apple is forced by the court of law:
"SS design does not copy us ... very well!
Er... But their market share does"
6. thebest (Posts: 231; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
i love apple, never short of anything,lolzzzz
7. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
now this is funny. lmao
9. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
lol out all the apple fans thinking that was funny or clever.. iNeither, iSorry
10. Jay_F (Posts: 236; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
ahahaha I love it when you put the 'i' in front of random words. Clever indeed. [/s]
14. AeroPrime (Posts: 175; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
The world of googleism vs appleism just sick of it the solution is windowsam!
16. cptbeatstix (Posts: 101; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
I don't car if you're an iSheep or a Fandroid, that comic is friggin hiliarious.
20. quryous (banned) (Posts: 106; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
"Officially ruling by UK court: Samsung is HOTTER than Apple. Obviously."