Come and watch Microsoft's first ad for the Surface tablet
0. phoneArena 15 Oct 2012, 21:39 posted on
Short on actual demonstrations of the tablet's features and long on dancing and "click" sounds, Microsoft's first commercial for the Surface tablet has been found on YouTube; the Redmond based manufacturer is expected to pour $1 billion on the marketing the tablets which launch October 26th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Pings (Posts: 303; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Windows 8 will flop. I will be sticking with Windows 7 thank you.
8. AnTuTu (Posts: 1578; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
Probably you haven't heard about a device called Hybrid PCs :p
12. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
theyr not gud!!
reason is that their is similar to super high end notebook but their performance is crap!!
20. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Kin - flop
WP - flop
Bing - flop
hotmail - flop
W8 - why the hell it should be a success? out of the blue? but because of corrupted manufacturers and governments it will be
23. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
hotmail is a flop realy how? bing is also oh do tell wp isnt dead yet until it is, it can be called a flop
25. Pings (Posts: 303; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
You forgot Zune, Zune HD, ME, and WP7. WP7, WP8 and Windows 8 all have that same crappy AOL 1996 UI. It's a step backwards for Microsoft. WP7 should of had the look and feel of Windows 7, but no... they went with that ugly, restricted, instantly out dated looking UI.
30. bobk212 (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Every company has flops
Ping - flop
MobileME - flop
RKR - flop
Newton - flop
Mac Cube - flop
13. FireDragon (Posts: 112; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
I will continue to use WIndows xp but it doesn't mean I want to say Windows 8 as a flop. I think it will do great and maybe I will switch to it even though I haven't even tried to "try" Windows 7.
31. Hammerfest (Posts: 383; Member since: 12 May 2012)
No kidding, as someone who tested from the first LEAK through the official beta/rc clients, EVERYTHING about windows 8 is great..... EXCEPT the UI
Have been using Windows since 3.1, and have tried almost every other OS out there, and I can say PERSONALLY... Metro UI BLOWS (i dont care if thats not what its called anymore).
Thankfully, there is a Windows 7 shell for Windows 8 to get rid of metro completely! Meaning all those speed enchancements that Windows 8 brings you can still have without the sickening Metro UI!
2. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
*sigh* why isnt today 10/26/12 oh whyyyyyyy
3. ajac09 (Posts: 1481; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
wow all they really just excited about the keyboard?!?! I can do that with my asus transformer prime not as elagant as that but it doesnt look that gay..
5. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Very good commercial. When it comes to commercials for the average user it isn't about features or hardware. It's about perception. And with the Surface, Microsoft is giving off the perception of how fluid this will be with the consumers world.
17. RobotMan (Posts: 145; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
The the perception was that everybody used it. And that become not special anymore.
6. JKING_25 (Posts: 53; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
I love the product but that commercial was a little corny to me. I still plan on getting one though.
7. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
it should hav ended like this........nd the PC crashes again!
9. snowgator (Posts: 3558; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
It is long on gimmicks? A COMMERCIAL?? REALLY?
It is a teaser commercial. It is a new product, and Microsoft wants people curious. They haven't even officially announced Windows 8 yet. What features are they going to show off? So long as this ad has enough flash to get people talking and noticing it, this has done it's job.
14. FireDragon (Posts: 112; Member since: 13 Nov 2009)
Yes, exactly. It is just to get consumers familiar with the "Surface" the tablet and not the Windows 8 yet. Memorising the shape and giving sense of its weight and physics.
10. darkvadervip (Posts: 365; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I like the commercial! Got me ready for it's release. So stop hating and have patience.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Looks like WIN7 will get a new lease of life like XP got post VISTA
16. charms55 (Posts: 41; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Awesome commercial. The comment about "only" the keyboard misses the point entirely, and this IS a big deal for tablets. There is plenty more to come and their catch phrase is "click in" so this hits the spot perfectly.
19. GoBears (Posts: 448; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I think it's a fantastic device with a really powerful OS. Sure beats lugging a laptop around. Is it worth a grand to me? Probably not, but only because I have other things to drop a grand on that I'd rather have right now. I'd love to have one, just not at that price. Maybe income tax time I'll buy myself a present lol.
22. Rocksteady (unregistered)
24. pongkie (Posts: 533; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
i wonder which markets are they going to offer this tablet
29. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
this is really a cool-looking commercial!!
wow.. at least the surface tablet dont look big even it got 10.6" screen!