Well, the company known for its various radar detector products will apparently be showing off its latest creation in the Cobra Tag G5. Like the original Cobra Tag, the G5 is a Bluetooth device that can be attached to your keys, which is also connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth. Normally, we tend to have both our keys and smartphones in close proximity with one another, but in the event they’re separated far enough, the G5 will simply alert you by emitting an alarm of your choice.
Besides accomplishing the same thing as its predecessor, the G5 actually takes advantage of some of the innovations found with Bluetooth 4.0 – like its Low-Energy standard that will essentially provide more than 6 months of battery juice. Additionally, it’s a perfect companion to the Bluetooth 4.0 trotting iPhone 4S, as well as the numerous other Android devices out there.
Q2 2012 with an MSRP of $59.95. The image to the right is actually of the original Cobra Tag, but we presume that the G5 would boast a very similar design as well.
source: Cobra Via Engadget
Cobra Electronics Unveils Cobra Tag™ G5 at 2012 International CES
New Loss Prevention System for Personal Valuables Features Six Month Battery Life
CHICAGO, IL-January 9, 2012: Cobra Electronics Corporation (NASDAQ: COBR), a leading designer and marketer of award-winning automotive, mobile and consumer electronics, today announced it will unveil the new Cobra Tag G5 to press and attendees from around the world at the 2012 International CES. This exciting new loss prevention system has already been recognized by the CEA with a prestigious International CES Innovations 2012 Design and Engineering Award. Cobra is showcasing Cobra Tag G5 and the rest of its award-winning product lineup throughout the duration of the CES conference at Booth #9839 in the Central Hall in the Las Vegas Convention Center. The 2012 International CES event runs January 10-13, 2012.
Cobra Tag G5™ – the Intelligent, Affordable Personal Loss Prevention System
Occasionally misplacing smartphones, keys, handbags and other essentials is a frustrating and oftentimes costly fact of life for most people. Cobra Tag G5, powered by PhoneHalo technology, is a highly affordable loss-prevention system that solves this vexing problem by warning users that they are about to leave their valuables behind. The system consists of a small, sleek key fob device paired with a free companion smartphone app. The system uses Bluetooth® wireless technology and a separation alarm to link the user's valuables to their smartphone-ensuring Cobra customers never leave their valuables behind. The system monitors the distance between the phone and tagged items and produces an audible alert if they become separated.
The new Cobra Tag G5 is a Bluetooth Smart device that takes loss prevention to a whole new level by leveraging the benefits of the new Bluetooth v4.0 Low-Energy (BLE) standard. Among its host of powerful new capabilities, Cobra Tag G5 offers:
- Bluetooth Smart Battery Life – Cobra Tag G5 lasts more than 6 months without charging. The new smartphone app monitors the device's battery life and will alert users when their battery is running low and their device needs to be recharged.
- iPhone® 4S compatibility – Cobra Tag G5 is interoperable with new and future smartphones equipped with Bluetooth v4.0.
- Notification Radius – Both the Cobra Tag G5 unit and the smartphone can be set to alert the user when leaving their items behind, and offers bi-directional protection.
- Finder – The phone or tablet device can be used to find the user's tagged objects through an audible alarm triggered in the app. The user can also use the Cobra Tag G5 device to cause their phone to ring.
- Automatic Geo-Tagging – The Cobra Tag G5 automatically records the last know location of their valuables and provides the owner this information through the app, email, social media, and the web to easily recover their items.
Pricing & Availability:
The new Cobra Tag G5 is expected to be available nationwide in Q2 with a MSRP of $59.95.