Clove has Sony's SmartWatch 2 listed for sale in the UK, expected to ship mid July
- Splash proof (Not suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, diving, snorkelling, water related work or fishing)
- Easy calling
- NFC capabilities
- Versatile accessory ideal for the active person
- Connects via Bluetooth to your compatible device
- Transmits key information from the mobile device to the SmartWatch without the need to touch the phone itself
- Can be clipped to clothing, bags or worn on the wrist
- More applications being developed at all times to give greater personalisation and functionality
Sony SmartWatch 2 Box Contents:
- Sony SmartWatch 2
- Black leather wristband
As far as other countries from Europe are concerned, France is getting the SmartWatch 2 in September at the price of $258, or around €200. That's a harsh raise added to the delayed release date. It's interesting to see what the outcome of this battle for the wrist will be, considering the fact that Apple is patenting the “iWatch” trademark across the globe, Dell is presumably making a smartwatch, Microsoft is rumored to be working on a WP smartwatch and the Pebble is soon to be officially out. Which one are you getting, if you plan to get one at all?
source: Android Authority, Clove
1. Feanor (Posts: 292; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
The price raise is massive! I bought the previous model for €80 and I had thought that I would gladly pay a further €50 for a better screen, which was the biggest disadvantage of the previous Smartwatch. But this is an entirely different price segment. It better be really good this time.
3. mafiaprinc3 (Posts: 300; Member since: 07 May 2012)
are you being sarcastic, it's luxury, when has luxury every been cheap/reasonable
4. zennacko (Posts: 221; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
"Not suitable for showering, bathing, swimming, diving, snorkelling, water related work or fishing"
Outside these situations, I can pretty much use my phone and turn off Bluetooth to save some battery. So no thanks.
5. oister85 (Posts: 391; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I have a feeling that Samsung smart watch is going to be better .