Classic Pac-Man free for the first time in 33 years with Google Play Store game
0. phoneArena 25 Mar 2013, 02:44 posted on
For the first time in 33 years, Namco has released a free-to-play version of Pac-Man, which is available in the Google Play Store as Pac-Man +Tournaments; not only is the game set up as a freemium title, the yellow dot eater is also an exclusive for the Google Play Store; to stay challenging, each week new boards will be sent out to those who purchase them...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. khaledmhawesh (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Old games are simple but theyr really good
5. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Could be why I'm using emulators on my Xperia play.. haha
2. avin007 (Posts: 139; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
So we hv had two instances of games launched on android first .....is this indicating something???
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Ahhh....... pure classic game! I'm gonna download it!
4. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Who wants this bad game with poor graphics
7. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Youre not a 80s kid. So dont troll on this classic game
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9810; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It should be illegal to say such a thing. Besides Atari, Pac Man and Ms. Pac Man are probably the most famous games in video game history.
12. kartik4u98 (Posts: 511; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Yes I also like this game.
My friend secretly posted the comment when I was away..
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Dowloaded just now after reading this
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9810; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Pac Man on a phone isn't the same as playing it on an Arcade machine, but definitely fun. :)
10. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Love Pac Man. Such an awesome game happy its launched on android.
11. downphoenix (Posts: 2743; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
"Namco explained the decision by noting that Android has the largest installed base today"
Good to see a major game company recognizes this. Most of the others apparently are oblivious to Android. Also if you notice, games from Japanese developers have been getting more aggresively released on Android, probably has to do with the android install base in Japan vs iOS, its a bigger gap there than it is in America or the world average. Karoisoft games for instance have been getting a lot more support on Android than iOS lately (they make some of the best mobile games, simulation based ones, mix of free and cost).