Clash of Clans' developer earns almost $900 million in revenue in 2013
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2014, 10:01 posted on
Supercell, the developer behind the wildly-popular Clash of Clans game, revealed that it has earned as much as $892 million in revenue last year. This is quite an impressive annual financial result if you take into consideration that Supercell's revenue was "merely" $101 million back in 2012...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. jroc74 (Posts: 4722; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I REALLY need to look into developing mobile apps, games.
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1833; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Whoaaa... There's money too be made in mobile apps
4. ardent1 (Posts: 1997; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
I believe it. One month ago, a friend introduced me to Castle Age HD on iOS and I've spent almost $260 on in-app purchases so far. The game is addictive. This is the first and last MMO I will play. It's hard to control myself and not get tempted by the $19.99 promo packs.
The funny thing is that prior to Castle Age, I spent less than $20 in in-app purchases for the 2.5 years I've own Apple products.
The bad thing is a Target is running a promo this week for 10% off iTune cards plus the 5% red card discount for a combined 14.5% savings and I couldn't help myself and bought $125 -- $100 for me and $25 for a friend -- to load up our iTune accounts. I really need to leave my red card at home.
I am also trying set up a slush fund to load up on iTune cards when they go on deep discount like 20% to 30% off during Black Friday.
8. mrblah (Posts: 436; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
Have you checked into buy them off eBay? There are a lot of sites that also sell unwanted gift cards discounted.
5. SonyPS4 (Posts: 250; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Probably more than any console/pc games except GTA, COD
6. kevjohn (Posts: 7; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
More power to them! Clash is a great mobile game, and you can play completely free with no loss of entertainment value. I haven't spent a cent on it (yet) but it's been a grand ol' time. They're one of the few developers that have gotten the 'free-to-play' tactic right.
9. KingDingaLing (Posts: 199; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Can anyone loan me $4.99? I need some gems to upgrade my town hall.
10. noteseries (Posts: 76; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
clash of lord better than this one, just try it
11. lzsbleach (Posts: 155; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Castle Clash is waayy better than this. Check it out on android and IOS.https://play.google.com/store/
12. Adithya7184 (Posts: 315; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
lol....you are comparing this crap to clash of clans....ha ha ha
Clash of Clash FTW!!