Circle February 28th on your calendar for the HTC Thunderbolt launch
0. phoneArena posted on 17 Feb 2011, 13:34
Another day, another rumored launch date for the HTC Thunderbolt as the new speculation centers around February 28th as the date when Verizon's first 4G phone will be released...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Johnabis (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 13:36 2
I don't get it. What is all the hype about this phone? It's basically another EVO
3. Max (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 13:50 1
Ummm... I don't think so.
14. VZWEMPLOYEE posted on 17 Feb 2011, 15:42 3
And your the guy that thinks wimax is the same as LTE
17. Jersey (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 16:09 2
Is this guy serious?
That Yellow Kool-Aid must be delicious to you guys.
22. NotonSprint (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 17:24 1
Since I'm not on Sprint and it's the first LTE device on Verizon, it seems it's a phone I want.
2. SKi (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 13:37 2
This is just ridiculous and frustrating. I understand you want to maximize the Fruit sales, but either way you are locking people up for 2 years so just let us know what's coming.
4. DAZ (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 14:03 0
talked to some guy at verizon and he said the offical date is the 26th of this month, and its first come first serve at the verizon stores. theres no pre orders like best buy
10. narley posted on 17 Feb 2011, 14:36 0
is no official date yet... you were lied to. i apologize
13. VZWEMPLOYEE posted on 17 Feb 2011, 15:41 0
They were incorrect the Phone will not be released on a Saturday. I'm hearing the 24th
5. Napoleon posted on 17 Feb 2011, 14:05 2
I don't know if this is smart Verizon especially with AT&T dropping the Atrix 4G on the 22nd and T-Mobile dropping the Samsung Galazy S II on the 33rd... There are a lot of people looking to sign new contracts and I for one am not carrier loyal right now just want a really good phone before the month ends...
26. glocksparg17 posted on 17 Feb 2011, 18:09 1
in case you were sonfused there arent 33 days in any month of the year much less februrary which is the shortest of them all ..... you are either 6yrs old or a tard
33. Droid1User (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 22:44 0
LoL. You're so right... "33rd"??
38. Napoleon posted on 18 Feb 2011, 17:01 1
AND in case you didn't know, I'm not "sonfused" and February doesn't have 3 r's in it either lmbo... But just like you I made a typo and hit the number 3 by mistake twice...
7. Perwilly (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 14:11 1
This is getting ridiculous, annoying and frustrating. I've been a VZW customer since my first cell phone and this is just lousy 'customer service'. What is the big deal with announcing a date? This would put the rumors to rest and allow us Tbolt geeks to plan out our strategy. The 26th, a Saturday, makes no sense whatsoever. The 24th I can see. The 21st - a holiday? Stupid. I've been waiting since my last contract ended last November for this....and my patience is waning.
16. kocho (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 15:50 1
Perwilly, agree with you completely. Just announce the date already. Verizon is tempting me to change carriers.
25. glocksparg17 posted on 17 Feb 2011, 18:07 0
its not bad customer service because you are still with verizon and are still waiting for the phone no matter what
39. Napoleon posted on 18 Feb 2011, 17:02 1
Bottom line, I just wish there was an official date released for this phone already and I can't understand why phones just introduced this year vs. Thunderbolt which was talked about since August still has not been released...
40. ukfan15 posted on 18 Feb 2011, 22:29 1
wahhhhhh claiming to leave a carrier because they haven't announced a release date for a phone? You're pathetic.
44. CRICKETownz posted on 20 Feb 2011, 23:29 0
lol bad customer service...HTC makes the phone you jackwagon! they coincide together...Verizon can't just make an announcement without having an OK from the manufacturer who actually makes the phone. ppl don't exercise common sense...
8. DaPhoneDude (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 14:18 1
@Johnabis --- This WILL NOT be just another EVO ...look into the specs before you type.
11. ATTCallCenter (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 15:12 0
HTC doesn't even make the EVO your so dumb!
12. firstname.lastname@example.org (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 15:22 2
Uh, they actually do smart-one.
19. Jersey (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 16:15 2
Hence why I ditched AT&T some time ago.
Lack of knowledge, shitty customer service, and the only device that existed until very recently was the iPhone...
Literally...don't quit your day job.
15. box (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 15:47 1
I wonder how many verizon reps and customers will presume the iphone4 is a 4G-LTE-capable phone? I know a lot of AT&T customers who make that mistake, thinking their iPhone 4 will work on the 4G network... :P
23. vzwemp1 (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 18:02 1
Here at Verizon we actually train our reps well enough on the phone to know its 4th generation
18. Jersey (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 16:13 3
It's a phone.
A few days won't hurt you.
With the amount of whinning, you all should be iPhone users soon at this rate.
20. raul44 (unregistered) posted on 17 Feb 2011, 17:16 1
While I cannot wait for the Tbolt, I would say it would be a smart business decision by VZW to release the phone on the 21st or 22nd, since at&t is releasing the Atrix on the 22nd.
21. snowgator posted on 17 Feb 2011, 17:23 1
Actually, after all the starts, restarts, and pretend starts, I do not blame any Verizone customer or HTC fan for being ticked at this point. It is only whining if someone ain't got a clue, or ain't got a real chance of being made happy. This T-bolt thing is just stupid at this point, and no reason has been giving. Now, I wouldn't leave Verizon over it, and I would sure still buy it if it was the phone for me, but ticked? Every reason in the world to be ticked.
27. Qui3tStorm posted on 17 Feb 2011, 18:26 1
My local BB told me the 24th... This is getting old, I don't understand why HTC & Verizon can't set a damn date in stone for this phone. First Verizon 4G LTE, yet they suck the ass of Apple and an old device in the Iphone4...
28. johngalt posted on 17 Feb 2011, 19:33 3
Who the hell are ANY of you to demand to know anything about a private company's plans? It's not your phone or your company. Bunch of ungrateful, whiny, snot nose beggers. If you think VZW sucks, then pack your pathetic shit and move. It is pathetically shallow to think they "owe" you a date. you pay a monthly fee? you phone works? Then they have meet their obligation to you. Shut the hell up, or go make your own damn phone with your own damn money and make your own damn release date. You people make me sick. Is there anyone on this board with an IQ above 6? The shit crumbs in my underware have a better sense of "entitlement"--bunch of F*^%tards.
29. Junior posted on 17 Feb 2011, 19:43 4
I think the real question here is: Why are there shit crumbs in your underwear?
32. Nunez20v posted on 17 Feb 2011, 20:15 2
Hahahaha classic. Obviously this douchebag didn’t have a childhood...
31. cupcake posted on 17 Feb 2011, 20:13 0
ermm.. 1st of all Verizon phones are released on Thursdays and the reason it's gotta be at least 14 days after the iphone came out is so that everyone doesn't exchange their iphone for the thunderbolt. Creating a mass of used, worthless iphones. Losing Verizon a lot o money.
But really.. I'm so stoked for this phone.
34. smokey1818 (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2011, 00:04 2
It is just an evo knock-off idiots
45. CRICKETownz posted on 20 Feb 2011, 23:34 0
EVO knock-off but yet made by the same company with a little better specs? do you know the meaning of knock-off?
37. jayme posted on 18 Feb 2011, 16:24 1
Its NOT an EVO-4 knockoff, and it is all at once. See the Thunderbolt was originally slated for release as the Incredible HD. For whatever reason that never happened.....oh well. Now we have the Thundrbolt coming and I for one am very excited. Who cares if its takes a minute for it to get here? It is JUST A PHONE! A really sweet phone for sure but its still a phone. Do all you people whining about this have money in the bank? food for your kids? a reliable automobile? how about your own place? (Moms basement dosent count) I see so many people every day come into this store who obviously dont have cash to repair thier shitty car or feed and clothe thier kids but they have to have the F%$#ing iPhone. Get a life people, I can remember when you still had to visit someone to talk to them. Its just a PHONE!
AND I CANT HARDLY WAIT FOR IT EITHER!!!!!
41. CG (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2011, 22:50 0
talked to bb guy today official release date is feb 24 that is the day they will be on shelves at the store
42. CG (unregistered) posted on 18 Feb 2011, 22:54 0
btw everybody is talking about the phone but can anyone tell me the new rates for vzw 4G plans????
43. Dberg (unregistered) posted on 20 Feb 2011, 09:45 0
I must say I love the hype and Marketing involved in this, however I have always been with Verizon and had good service. I am out of contract and ready for a new phone now. I want this phone but may consider i phone instead. Is the Marketing working or will it end up affecting HTC in the long run?