Chuck Norris featured in Czech T-Mobile ads
0. phoneArena 06 Nov 2010, 16:33 posted on
T-Mobile in the Czech Republic has pulled off the best marketing move ever, featuring none other than Chuck Norris in a series of commercials; and the rest of the world's mobile markets are very jealous...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. WhiteRabbit (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Nov 2010)
Please add translate of the ads:
1)Man: "Ou yeah...in TV everyone can be sharp." And voice in background says: "Sharper then Chuck Norris. New satelite TV from T-Mobile."
2) Man: "Are you there?" "Yes." "You'll gaze." And voice in background says: "Chuck Norris will not give anybody anything. T-Mobile give you netbook when you buy two services."
3) This is based on lingual misunderstanding. Women says: "Please can you make a photo of us? It's his first skating." In czech "skating" means "bruslí" and when you say it, it sounds like Bruce Lee. Thats because Chuck said what he said. And voice in background said the same as before.
I hope I described it well and with minimum grammar mistakes. :)
2. WhiteRabbit (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Nov 2010)
And just a little remark. Czechoslovakia is gone! Since 1993 there is just Czech republic and Slovakia. Please remember it... :) :) :)
3. skymitch89 (Posts: 1284; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I think that these would be more funny if it were to be in English.
4. WhiteRabbit (Posts: 6; Member since: 06 Nov 2010)
But not everyone in Czech can speak English. Like in US not everyone speak Czech ;)
5. AK (unregistered)
Czechoslovakia.....? Are you, people, retarded?
6. PhoenixLAU (Posts: 15; Member since: 18 Mar 2010)
2005 called... it wants its Chuck Norris meme back.
Chuck Norris is nothing but a right wing fundie nutjob who believes the Flintstones cartoon is real history.
7. Rick (unregistered)
I just wonder how much money he got for this. I have a bet with a friend (i say less than $1,000,000) but we have no idea how to decide.
8. milan (unregistered)
to skymitch89: Our official languague is Czech and not everybody speaks English, so there is no reason to shoot an English commercial. We all understand Czech.
to Rick: I've read an article about this and it says he got around 400,000 dolars